Saudi Arabia or Iran, which of the these countries will be the leader of the Arab community? | World Defense

Saudi Arabia or Iran, which of the these countries will be the leader of the Arab community?

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
There is this ongoing hostility between Iran and Saudia Arabia. This confrontation seems to stem from competition between the two countries for the leadership of the Arab Community. I have seen where the Saudis have been intensifying efforts to assert its influence in the Middle East. Iran is also trying to be a power broker also. the Saudis may have the edge right now because the sanctions have somewhat restricted Iran's capabilities. Both sides have the backing from supporting nations in the area.
I believe that very soon one of the two will become the dominant force in the area and I am waiting to see who it will be.

davidjon

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully Iran will win out, although it won't be a "total victory" in the conventional sense of that term.

The Saudis are psychopaths, and it doesn't help that they have backing from Israel and the US, who are also psychopaths in their own right. Iran isn't perfect, but they're a whole lot more palatable than their wahabi opponents, that's for sure.....

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hopefully Iran will win out, although it won't be a "total victory" in the conventional sense of that term.

The Saudis are psychopaths, and it doesn't help that they have backing from Israel and the US, who are also psychopaths in their own right. Iran isn't perfect, but they're a whole lot more palatable than their wahabi opponents, that's for sure.....

Saudi Arabia is backed by Israel ∫øø§ Since when? Saudi Arabia doesn't recognize Israel as a country let alone be backed by it. Iran simply can't mess with Saudi Arabia who is heavily armed and well trained. Since both Iran and Saudi Arabia don't border each other, it will mostly be air warfare. Iran has no airforce while the Saudis operate state of the art platforms. Your guess...

@explorerx7 Iran doesn't have any relation with the Arab world except Iraq, Syria and Hizbollah of Lebanon who are in dire mess. Iran will greatly loss giving the fact that the Arab world outnumber Iran in terms of quality and quantity. Iran will simply vanish if it messes with the Arab World.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am an outsider to this topic since I have no affiliation with both countries. But I think Saudi Arabia is now the de facto leader of the Arab community maybe because of its influence in the international community not to mention its money. Iran is right now having difficulty in getting allies but I am not discounting its rise to power. And I am hoping that their bickering would not lead to war.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
There is this ongoing hostility between Iran and Saudia Arabia. This confrontation seems to stem from competition between the two countries for the leadership of the Arab Community. I have seen where the Saudis have been intensifying efforts to assert its influence in the Middle East. Iran is also trying to be a power broker also. the Saudis may have the edge right now because the sanctions have somewhat restricted Iran's capabilities. Both sides have the backing from supporting nations in the area.
I believe that very soon one of the two will become the dominant force in the area and I am waiting to see who it will be.
Your question is wrong,Iran is no Arab country,the KSA is the only leader of the Arab world.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I believe that Saudi Arabia is more powerful and that they already are the leaders of Arab community. They have good shield in the U.S. and Israel and probably more countries so I don't see how Iran or any other country could interfere with their plan. However, you never know about these things. Somebody can have a sudden change of heart, for example the U.S. and they will become vulnerable again.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment, Saudi Arabia is more established in the world economy so with that comes power.
But it won't last.
Their money comes from oil, we're already seeing blips in this is the new ways and regions the west are sourcing supplies.

Just so awkward to think that a country that still beheads people is also so advanced.

The west would expect Saudi Arabia to be the main influencer in the area but maybe not leader as there are other historical issues that need to be addressed (like country borders) before a country can position itself to lead (its stable neighbours).

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is already the leader of Arab community and it has a good relations with most of Arab/world countries. Unlike Iran which is still trying to introduce itself to get some influence here and there. Iran is just a trouble maker and I bet that nobody trust it anymore, except the Shias for some religious reasons. Especially after the mess created by Iran in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Bahrain and Yemen.

Although this is something impossible to happen in real life, but Iran still lack many things to lead the Arab world, so it will never touch this position, but only in her dreams. While Saudi Arabia shares many things with the rest of Arab states. Language, sect, cultures and religion.

Even if there is NO Saudi Arabia, the field of battle is not empty so Iran can just win that easily.
Still there is a strong Arab party can carry the duty which's Egypt and other strong Islamic nations like Turkey ! :)

davidjon

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Saudi Arabia is backed by Israel ∫øø§ Since when?

Israel and the Saudis work hand in glove together to secure their mutual interests. There is plenty of analysis on this. Take the following passage from The Economist article "The new frenemies" dated June 15th 2015:

"So eyebrows lifted less than might have been expected when on June 4th Saudi Arabia and Israel admitted at a conference in America that they have held a series of meetings. Their improving ties are a manifestation of shared strategic interests, says Ilan Mizrahi, a former head of Israel’s National Security Council. “Like us, the Saudis are worried about Iran, IS and the fear that America is no longer so committed.”

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Israel and the Saudis work hand in glove together to secure their mutual interests. There is plenty of analysis on this. Take the following passage from The Economist article "The new frenemies" dated June 15th 2015:

"So eyebrows lifted less than might have been expected when on June 4th Saudi Arabia and Israel admitted at a conference in America that they have held a series of meetings. Their improving ties are a manifestation of shared strategic interests, says Ilan Mizrahi, a former head of Israel’s National Security Council. “Like us, the Saudis are worried about Iran, IS and the fear that America is no longer so committed.”

Iran is not only a concern for Israel or Saudi Arabia but for the whole region. Anyway, I take that with a grain of slat. Bring me one solid evidence to substantiates your claim.

Last edited:

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I can see, for a country to be classed as a leader if any region then it would have to be well equipped militarily, have money and have the respect of other countries, so in my opinion Saudi Arabia already has those things.

Like it or not, Saudi Arabia is already that leader, and there's no disputes about it, is there?