BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Saudi Arabia requests more Black Hawks

Jeremy Binnie, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
15 October 2015
The United States has approved a Saudi request for an additional nine Sikorsky UH-60M Black Hawk utility helicopters for the Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command (RSLFAC), the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 14 October.

The DSCA said that the helicopters will be supplied with AN/AAR-57 missile warning systems and other unidentified aircraft survivability equipment, M134 miniguns, electro-optic/infrared sensors, and dual-mode search lights. It estimated the cost of the deal at USD495 million.

The RSLFAC currently operates about 20 Black Hawks that are designated S-70-A1 Desert Hawks. Another 24 UH-60Ms are being delivered to Saudi Arabian National Guard's (SANG's) new air wing.
Saudi Arabia requests more Black Hawks - IHS Jane's 360

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I have the impression that Saudi Arabia is investing in armaments and weaponry. It seems to me that they have a grand plan for something - may be an offensive or a defensive act. But whatever it is, the manufacturers of military equipment and weaponry are happy with Saudi Arabia's spending. Isn't it that they just ordered 30 patrol boats from France recently? At least those purchases are good for the economy.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I don't know exactly the extent of what they're fighting, other than ISIS. I believe there are some other battles going on over there as well, but I'm primarily keeping an eye on ISIS and things that involve the cooperation between the USA and Saudi Arabia on that front. It does sound like a lot of military equipment, but it seems that is needed, since ISIS seems to have no limit to their funds, and apparently plans to keep going until it is running the world or eradicated.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There is war in Yemen, the Iranians are still plotting mischief so it does pay to be prepared for the worst. I'm certain that as long as there is instability in the Middle East Saudi Arabia and other Middle East nations will be stocking up on arms just in case the whole region is dragged into the war that has been raging on for a while now.