Saudi Arabia signs MOI for 48 Typhoon jet deal with BAE | World Defense

Saudi Arabia signs MOI for 48 Typhoon jet deal with BAE

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has moved closer to a deal to buy 48 Typhoon fighter jets, UK aerospace giant BAE Systems has said.

A memorandum of intent on the deal was signed after Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman met Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson.

BAE Systems said the signing was "a positive step towards agreeing a contract for our valued partner".

Downing Street said a target of £65bn worth of trade and investment had been agreed during the UK visit.

The preliminary order comes two months after BAE announced around 2,000 job cuts because demand for the Typhoon had slowed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43347848

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
How many does RSAF currently operates? Why not going for F/18 and assign them to the navy?

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
How many does RSAF currently operates? Why not going for F/18 and assign them to the navy?
currently the Royal Saudi Air Force has 72 Eurofighters. In my opinion these maybe the Tranche 3 Eurofighters which will feature the Captor-E AESA Radars.

The Sandman

Reactions
405 34 0
Country
Pakistan
One of the most beautiful fighter jet up there with Mig21! Nice choice

Typhoon-DD-RIAT-2009-JOW-1S.jpg

Timsah

Reactions
129 2 0
Country
Egypt
The Royal Saudi air force is buying the new Eurofighters to replace their current Tornado fleet. In my opinion them also purchasing the Eurofighter could also be a way to make sure BAE does not make another Eurofighter sale to Qatar

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
The Royal Saudi air force is buying the new Eurofighters to replace their current Tornado fleet. In my opinion them also purchasing the Eurofighter could also be a way to make sure BAE does not make another Eurofighter sale to Qatar

That's could be true. If I remember correctly @Scorpion once said the Tornado fleet is to be phased out by 2023. I just searched other gulf states and I can see that Kuwait operates F/18 which sounds logical that the Saudis have not considered procuring it.