Saudi Arabia thwarts ISIS; 400 detained. | World Defense

Saudi Arabia thwarts ISIS; 400 detained.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
My Way News - Saudi Arabia says it stopped Islamic State attacks; 400 held

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia says it has broken up planned Islamic State attacks in the kingdom, while announcing it has arrested over 400 people in its raids.

In a statement Saturday carried on the official state news agency, the Interior Ministry also accused those arrested of conducting several attacks, including an Islamic State-claimed suicide bomb in May that killed 21 people in the village of al-Qudeeh, in the oil-rich eastern Qatif region. It was the deadliest militant assault in the kingdom in more than a decade.

It also blames them for the November shooting and killing of eight worshippers in the eastern Saudi Arabian village of al-Ahsa.

The announcement came a day after an Islamic State attack in a crowded marketplace in Iraq's eastern Diyala province killed 115 people.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Good on SA. 400 people is a lot and I'm certainly grateful that such scum has been apprehended. I like they way they get things done. Not like here in the UK where we are still "debating" what to do.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Good on SA. 400 people is a lot and I'm certainly grateful that such scum has been apprehended. I like they way they get things done. Not like here in the UK where we are still "debating" what to do.
its still a debate here, also. Some people want to "nuke 'em all and let god sort them out" or they want to hold their hands and encourage them to change. I lean closer to holding their hands, but I don't believe they deserve encouragement. But the fact is, no one seems to be taking the middle ground, here.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Kudos to the Saudi authorities. But they need to be more vigilant. I'm sure though this does a deal a deadly blow to the terrorists, they'll continue secretly recruiting "jihadis" who'll do their bidding any time. The rest of the world ought to learn something from Saudi Arabia. We aren't really any safer than the Saudi Arabians. ISIS has sympathizers everywhere and if it were possible, identifying and arresting them all would save everyone a lot of pain.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
I'm also very grateful they managed to detain such a large amount of people. 400 mightn't seem much, but to what ISIS represents, it's definitely a lot and they probably gather lots of useful information to be used against this scum group of terrorism. My sincere congratulations to them!

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This news is surprising, not with the action of Saudi Arabia on the arrest but with the number of those arrested. How did they manage to arrest 400 people? Did they use zoning as what we do here during Martial Law? That is the method of marking an entire area for inspection and to interrogate suspected criminals. That method always yields the most number of arrest of criminals here.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Its the "interrogate suspected criminals" that scares me more than anything. It usually doesn't take very much to become "suspected"

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
This news is surprising, not with the action of Saudi Arabia on the arrest but with the number of those arrested. How did they manage to arrest 400 people? Did they use zoning as what we do here during Martial Law? That is the method of marking an entire area for inspection and to interrogate suspected criminals. That method always yields the most number of arrest of criminals here.
In such operations....after gathering intelligence, simultaneous raids will be held in Many cities and addresses to ensure that no member alerts others.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
It is amazing to see 400 ISIS soldiers captured and now they will have to fend for their own as their leaders won't bother trying to save them most likely and will be more worried if these people open their mouths then about their lives, which will happen in this case. The ISIS are a worldwide problem even in Russia, which is quite a feat and will be interesting to see how long they last against the Russian military, which is quite powerful and has a strong leader as well and need to stop this group, before they take over countries in general. I reckon that it must of been hard work and this group was not alert otherwise they would not be captured and the questioning will be brutal most likely.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Its the "interrogate suspected criminals" that scares me more than anything. It usually doesn't take very much to become "suspected"
For one to be suspected then they've given some clear indications that they are radicalized or they are on that path. I believe that rounding up and interrogating all suspects would be helpful because some useful information could be extracted from them. Information that could be used to thwart any plans that might already have been set in motion. Arresting all radical clerics would be a good start.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
mccarthyism is what we, (everyone), needs to watch out for, and not get caught up in. All the earmarks of it happening are everywhere you look right now. I have read so many remarks about how evil Islam is, and its a shame these Muslims haven't realized how evil their religion is, and the answer is to convert all the Muslims. Then, of course, there are the remarks about locking them all up or even killing them. It's terrible! Islam is no more violent than Christianity. But i can't remember reading one article that assumed it was Christianity that was to blame for someone's actions. And this is what keeps me up at night. Watching the entire world blame all Muslims for something a specific extremists group is doing is step one. How long before you're hearing, "I saw goody good with Allah", or watching them drag Muslims out of their homes to force into detainment camps?

I forgot to reply to the post: odds and averages says "they aren't all guilty"

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
That was great job. 431 is rich prey !D:-O

The arrests were taken after the results of the investigations of the terrorist attacks on Mosques and government facilities. And are as follows :

- The terrorist attack on Aldaloh village 97 accused were seized .
- The terrorist attacks on 2 Mosques in Qatif and Dammam 190 accused were seized .
- 144 terrorists were seized on charges of using the social networks to spread extremist ideology and recruiting terrorists .

As a results of the raids, many terrorist plans were foiled , 6 terrorists killed , 37 security men and citizens killed and 160 wounded as spokesman said.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Saudi Arabia was one of the biggest defensive budgets in the world. I think it's time to step up to the plate and start spear heading the fight on ISIS. The USA shouldn't be in that region. Let the people and neighboring countries fight in their own backyard. The USA should stay home and worry about the deficit instead and stop using the credit card to pay for the wars.

Have you ever known someone who lived in a total pig sty? I mean hoarder quality home? And they always seem to want to be at someone else's house, and eat dinner with other families? Thats what the US government reminds me of right now... that kid who doesn't want to deal with the mess if they go home.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well good capture for those 400 scums but I am afraid that those numbers may have already been replaced through recruitment from even western nations. It is like fighting a battle against mosquitoes that have to be destroyed from the breeding nests.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
@Gasoline Thanks for adding the statistics. I'm a fan of simultaneous raids, as long as the targets are legitimate, and truly dangerous. In this day and age, it doesn't take much for one person or group to tip off the others, so working in unison and scooping them all up at once is the only real solution, especially considering how dangerous these people are. I do think the onus is on those in the regions where ISIS is most active, to manage the situation, rather than the efforts being spearheaded from overseas.

I wasn't aware ISIS was in Russia, although that makes sense, since they seem to be all over the map. Seeing them going up against the Russian army would indeed be interesting, and my money would be on the Russians.