Saudi Arabia To Buy Nuclear Bombs From Pakistan | World Defense

Saudi Arabia To Buy Nuclear Bombs From Pakistan

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Saudi Arabia to buy nuclear bombs from Pakistan: report | New York Post

Saudi Arabia will join the nuclear club by buying “off the shelf” atomic weapons from Pakistan, US officials told a London newspaper.

The Saudis — who financed much of Pakistan’s nuke program — are fearful of international efforts to keep its enemy Iran from acquiring a bomb, the Sunday Times of London reports. The Saudis think the deal, backed by President Obama, will actually accelerate Iran’s nuke push.

Saudi Arabia has talked for years about acquiring a bomb from the Pakistanis. “The House of Saud has now made the strategic decision to move forward,” a former US defense official said.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
I am puzzled by how getting Iran to open its nuclear program to world inspection while asserting that they have only peaceful aspirations for their program is more threatening than Iran having a secret program with no oversight.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
It makes me cringe whenever I would read a bomb, much more a nuclear bomb. Man has been given the brains to be productive and we are now showing that those brains can also create something destructive, far more destructive than we can imagine. And what are those bombs for? Will Saudi Arabia become militaristic now?

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Although they assert that it is to counter the imaginary nuclear aspirations of (most of, including leaders) Iran, it is probably because Israel is one step below the 5 major nuclear powers. The Saudis, being Arabs, hate the non-Arabic Iranians. The fact that Iran is NOT Arabic is one reason that they are not really a serious threat to Israel. Read the Bible if you don't understand the feud between the Arabs and their brothers, the Jews.