Saudi Arabia's King.. | World Defense

Saudi Arabia's King..

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has just died. His half-brother and successor Deputy Prime Minister Salman bin Abdul Aziz became king immediately after his death. The king was 90 and died of pneumonia.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
It will be interesting to see how this succession of power affects he nation. It certainly would not be too much of a surprise considering Abdullah's age, so I expect Salman is pretty well prepared. I do wonder though, if he Saudi people are happy with their government or if they will be taking this opportunity to try to make changes.

CanisLupas

Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Thailand
The thing is that HRH Abdullah was a progressive king - reform has been slow, but evident - the question now is, will it increase, or slide backwards? Will the biggest middle eastern ally remain so?

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
The new king has promised to continue in a straight line. Everyone took in a sharp breath when the king died because Saudi Arabia is the United State's one Middle Eastern ally in the fight against Isis. It seems that the transfer of power has been seamless thus far and I hope that all remains well for the country, especially during this time of mourning.