Saudi cleric injured in Philippines shooting | World Defense

Saudi cleric injured in Philippines shooting

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Saudi Cleric Aaaid Qurnee injured in shooting in Philippines, some twitter reports say he is lightly injured, other say is getting treating in hospital. I think Saudi's will blame Iran.

@Corzhens

Although link says there are gunmen clashing with security forces in the area. Who could it be? I'm no fan of religion and don't like people going to preach elsewhere when it should be done at home where they need it the most. Philippines doesn't need more religion in their society.

If this does become an Iran-Saudi affair, it will increase sectarian tensions across the MidEast.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Cleric Aaaid Qurnee injured in shooting in Philippines, some twitter reports say he is lightly injured, other say is getting treating in hospital. I think Saudi's will blame Iran.

@Corzhens

Although link says there are gunmen clashing with security forces in the area. Who could it be? I'm no fan of religion and don't like people going to preach elsewhere when it should be done at home where they need it the most. Philippines doesn't need more religion in their society.

If this does become an Iran-Saudi affair, it will increase sectarian tensions across the MidEast.

One has been killed and one arrested. We will see what the investigation leads to. I think Saudi Arabia will ask the Philippine to be part of the integration.

Cce4apwWwAEdRwQ.jpg

Cce4aqmWwAAqczj.jpg

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@Falcon29, I have not been following the news lately but I've heard of the Maute brothers who are claiming to be ISIS. And their first act was the brutal killing of Muslims in the area - the Mindanao region is mostly Muslim and from what I know, the Shiaa or Shiite are the dominant Muslims there. With the assassination, I don't think it concerns the Sunni-Shiite rivalry. It is plain terrorism.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
@Falcon29, I have not been following the news lately but I've heard of the Maute brothers who are claiming to be ISIS. And their first act was the brutal killing of Muslims in the area - the Mindanao region is mostly Muslim and from what I know, the Shiaa or Shiite are the dominant Muslims there. With the assassination, I don't think it concerns the Sunni-Shiite rivalry. It is plain terrorism.

I'm sorry that these guys have to make life terrifying for you ...lol....

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Glad to hear the cleric is safe and sound.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
From a radio interview of a Muslim professor of the universitywhere the shooting happened, the killer is a student. Fortunately cleric Aiid Qurnee is alive and recuperating in the hospital. I am quite confused because he said that ISIS is mostly Shiaa from Iran and Aiid Qurnee is in their hit list. But later on, the professor said that ISIS is mostly composed of Sunni so their suspicion on the shooting is plain terrorism. I am getting lost on the issue.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
From a radio interview of a Muslim professor of the universitywhere the shooting happened, the killer is a student. Fortunately cleric Aiid Qurnee is alive and recuperating in the hospital. I am quite confused because he said that ISIS is mostly Shiaa from Iran and Aiid Qurnee is in their hit list. But later on, the professor said that ISIS is mostly composed of Sunni so their suspicion on the shooting is plain terrorism. I am getting lost on the issue.

ISIS is fundamentalist Sunni.