Saudi forces kill at least 15 Houthis striking borders | World Defense

Saudi forces kill at least 15 Houthis striking borders

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan

Saudi border guard patrols Saudi Arabia’s maritime border with Yemen along beach on Red Sea, near Jizan. — Reuters

Saudi border guards on Saturday evening killed at least 15 Yemeni Houthi militias near the kingdom’s frontier in two vehicles, a Saudi official told Al Arabiya News Channel.

In the incident, which took place close to the southwestern seaport city of Jizan, Saudi border guards fired at the Houthi squad from an 800-meter distance using an anti-tank weapon, the official - who spoke under condition of anonymity - told an Al Arabiya correspondent.

The deadly confrontation was the second incident near Jizan on the same day. Last week, Saudi artillery shelled a group of Houthis gathering on the border near the same city.

The Saudi border guards are also currently on alert in Najran, another southwestern border city. — Al Arabiya
Saudi forces kill at least 15 Houthis striking borders | Kingdom | Saudi Gazette
@Rakan.SA @Scorpion @BLACKEAGLE

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I pity them. I mean the Houthis are being played on by their leaders. They are primitively equipped and know that they are going to die yet they chose to act big.

Nice that our boys are keeping a close eye on them.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think so people should not try to cross the border as, they will be shot and attacked maybe given one chance to turn back if they still proceed will fight them like in this incident. I reckon that, the terroist group should not have tried to engage the soldiers and also they lost their lives in doing this hope more don't try doing this. The houthi group is not prepared to fight, but continue to do so for their leaders who are just using them and this is sad to see happen over there.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The Houthis were idiots for trying to head straight for the border. Maybe they were on a "Kamikaze" mission? Drive real close to the soldiers then themselves up? The Houthis know they are losing and it should be expected that there might be a spike in suicide missions since that might be the only strategy which might work for them now.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
It does sound to me like a mission that wasn't exactly planned with caution. If it was some sort of kamikaze mission I doubt we'll ever know but something definitely doesn't sound right.