Saudi hails Egypt-Qatar rapprochement | World Defense

Saudi hails Egypt-Qatar rapprochement

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
391c0768-fcb0-43af-91c2-f6dfee14c7ef_16x9_600x338.jpg

The Saudi Royal Court recalled the Riyadh agreement that brought together Gulf states earlier this year to end a dispute between the GCC and Qatar. (Courtesy of Egyptian State Information Service)

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi met a top Qatari envoy in Cairo on Saturday as part of Saudi-brokered reconciliation that was hailed by Riyadh as the opening of “a new page” between the two Arab states.

Sisi met Sheikh Mohammad bin AbdelRahman al-Thani, the special envoy to Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, and Khalid al-Tuwaijri, Head of the Saudi Royal Court and Private Secretary to King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz.

The meeting between Sisi and the Qatari envoy is the first since the Egyptian leader took office last summer.

Saudi Arabia welcomed the meeting and said the two countries had responded with "full conviction" to the Saudi king's initiative calling on both sides to consolidate ties, unify their stance and “remove reasons aiming to provoke conflict and discord between them,” according to the Saudi Press Agency.

"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has expressed its welcome regarding ongoing steps that will strengthen relations between the Arab Republic of Egypt and the State of Qatar, including the visit made by Special Envoy of the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani to Egypt,” the SPA, quoting a Saudi Royal Court statement, said.

“Saudi Arabia stressed its support and keenness on opening a new page between the two countries for enhancing integration and cooperation between the two countries to achieve higher interests of the Arab and Islamic nations, hoping of all honorable scientists, intellectuals, writers and men of the media outlets responding and supporting this step.”

The statement referred to the Riyadh agreement that brought together Gulf states in November to end a dispute between the GCC and Qatar, noting the commitment of all “GCC members to adopt the [GCC] council’s policy of supporting Egypt and contributing to its security and stability.”

Qatar, meanwhile, praised the initiative to bring Doha and Cairo closer.

“[The state of Qatar] stresses its adherence to the contents of the [Saudi Royal Court] statement, praising the sincere efforts of the Saudi king … and commends his wisdom and strong commitment to strengthening Arab solidarity,” according to a statement carried by the state-run Qatar News Agency.

Qatar also stressed its “complete standing with Egypt, as it has always done,” noting that the security of the two states was interlinked.

The statement said Qatar was keen Egypt play a leading role in the Arab and Muslim world and “affirms its commitment to close ties with [Egypt] and to developing them.”

Egypt, for its part, said it looked “forward to a new era that ends past disagreements," according to a statement from Sisi’s office that was issued after the Egyptian leader met the two envoys.

Last Update: Sunday, 21 December 2014 KSA 11:23 - GMT 08:23
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...0/Egypt-s-Sisi-meets-Saudi-Qatari-envoys.html

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We need to forget about our differences and work all together for better outcomes. Im happy to see that Qatar has finally taken the right step to ends disagreement and Im also waiting for Egypt to comeback to the playing a leading role in the Arab and Muslim world.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We need to forget about our differences and work all together for better outcomes. Im happy to see that Qatar has finally taken the right step to ends disagreement and Im also waiting for Egypt to comeback to the playing a leading role in the Arab and Muslim world.

Yeah, let's forget Egyptian army carpet bombing Sinai citizens which no one is reporting. Let's forget the whole coup they organized. And the persecution of political opponents. What we should do is listen to Kafir Arab Leaders such as King Abdullah and his wealthy kids who buy golden chairs while Muslims are being killed everywhere in our region. Let's support Israel/US policy and enslave the Palestinians. Egypt has no leading role in Muslim world, who are you joking? D:-D

You think with that leadership Muslims want to be lead by these secular/anti-Islam/Pro-Israel trash? ROFL

Their time is limited, in next 3 years inshallah we will hang them high. Enough cowardliness from you people. I don't know if you are afraid or actually support this? Any Muslim Arab that tolerates these Zionist Arab leaders needs to ask himself if he's really a Muslim. He will burn in hell, he shares responsibility.

Maybe that's why the Prophet(SAW) mentioned Jund bil Shaam and Jund Bil Yemen, you realize he didn't mention the Gulf or Saudi Arabs? And also when Mahdi Al muntahir emerges his whole army will come from Shaam. Bad days coming up for you guys if you choose wrong side.

This Arab world is a joke, besides populations of Gaza, Jerusalem, Hebron, Syria, Iraq, Yemen the rest of Arab people are pure garbage who are responsible for the Farsi slaughter in Syria and Zionist occupation of Palestine. If you had proper army with proper righteous leaders/people they wouldn't dare cause any harm to our people. Instead your men are becoming faggots trying to imitate European culture/lifestyle. And your regimes are supporting Israeli efforts in region.

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yeah, let's forget Egyptian army carpet bombing Sinai citizens which no one is reporting. Let's forget the whole coup they organized. And the persecution of political opponents. What we should do is listen to Kafir Arab Leaders such as King Abdullah and his wealthy kids who buy golden chairs while Muslims are being killed everywhere in our region. Let's support Israel/US policy and enslave the Palestinians. Egypt has no leading role in Muslim world, who are you joking? D:-D

You think with that leadership Muslims want to be lead by these secular/anti-Islam/Pro-Israel trash? ROFL

Their time is limited, in next 3 years inshallah we will hang them high. Enough cowardliness from you people. I don't know if you are afraid or actually support this? Any Muslim Arab that tolerates these Zionist Arab leaders needs to ask himself if he's really a Muslim. He will burn in hell, he shares responsibility.

Maybe that's why the Prophet(SAW) mentioned Jund bil Shaam and Jund Bil Yemen, you realize he didn't mention the Gulf or Saudi Arabs? And also when Mahdi Al muntahir emerges his whole army will come from Shaam. Bad days coming up for you guys if you choose wrong side.

This Arab world is a joke, besides populations of Gaza, Jerusalem, Hebron, Syria, Iraq, Yemen the rest of Arab people are pure garbage who are responsible for the Farsi slaughter in Syria and Zionist occupation of Palestine. If you had proper army with proper righteous leaders/people they wouldn't dare cause any harm to our people. Instead your men are becoming faggots trying to imitate European culture/lifestyle. And your regimes are supporting Israeli efforts in region.

I don't believe ordinary people should act out of themselves when it comes to political issues that might fireback on them. Like what is happening in Sinai, I admire their work on trying to help the Palestinian resistance however what I don't like is their involvement in killing policemen, army personnel..etc. Now Egypt is a democratic country so these groups can now engage politically instead of singling themselves away and acting independently. And yes, Egypt use to be a strong player but sadly one of their pillars is now broken and that is Economy.

I don't really know why is Egypt sharing economic relation with Israel to be quite honest. That in itself boils my blood. Interestingly, Qatar has offered Israel cheap gas in order to harm Egypt Economy due to Egypt stance on MB. Do you see the complexity of the issue here.

As far as the Mahdi army is concern, I think we should have a look to geography before the coming of modern borders.

First, Bilad al-Sham is Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, eastern Iraq, southeastern of Turkey and finally northeastern of Saudi Arabia.

As for Yemen I made this little map to help you understand.

click on the pic for large view.

62483-004-26ECB6C6.jpg

If you look at history, it was the people of Arabia who established the Islamic empire: Rashidun, Umayyad, abbasid..etc.

900px-Map_of_expansion_of_Caliphate.svg.png

It was the people of Arabia who rushed to help their brothers and sisters in Afghanistan during the soviet invasion like this example

So please don't try to undermine our sacrifice.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I don't believe ordinary people should act out of themselves when it comes to political issues that might fireback on them. Like what is happening in Sinai, I admire their work on trying to help the Palestinian resistance however what I don't like is their involvement in killing policemen, army personnel..etc.

Inadequate summary of events in Sinai, don't you agree?

Now Egypt is a democratic country so these groups can now engage politically instead of singling themselves away and acting independently.

How do you come to conclusion that Egypt is democratic? It is far from democratic.

I don't really know why is Egypt sharing economic relation with Israel to be quite honest. That in itself boils my blood. Interestingly, Qatar has offered Israel cheap gas in order to harm Egypt Economy due to Egypt stance on MB. Do you see the complexity of the issue here.

That's not true, Qatar was never going to sell them gas. That was rumor spread by pro-Sisi side when rivalry was occurring. And you assume I care about Qatar, no I don't. I will gladly take Islamists inspired by God over all Arab monarchies.

First, Bilad al-Sham is Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, eastern Iraq, southeastern of Turkey and finally northeastern of Saudi Arabia.

90% is Syria/Palestine/Jordan. No doubt ones in Jordan will be majority Palestinian/Syrian coming from Syria. Yes there are Saudi's as well, who are rebels to Saudi government.

If you look at history, it was the people of Arabia who established the Islamic empire: Rashidun, Umayyad, abbasid..etc.

How is history relevant here? Are you trying to take credit for what Prophet Muhammad(SAW) inspired? No, it was his piousness and steadfastness/brotherhood/faith in God which enabled Arabs to be able to protect their selves. Today that barely exists in Arab people. Most Arab men are imitating Europeans, they are unmanly and obsessed with woman. They will have absolutely zero to due to with emergence of Mahdi.

It was the people of Arabia who rushed to help their brothers and sisters in Afghanistan during the soviet invasion like this example

Those Arabs were not allowed to go for holy reasons, it was due to political situation. Abdullah Azzam(Palestinian) also led them.

mikeqin

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
The response from officials in Egypt and Qatar demonstrates the commitment of both parties to continue the march of joint Arab efforts to confront regional issues