Scottish primary school gives homework to children referring to Palestinians as 'terrorists' | World Defense

Scottish primary school gives homework to children referring to Palestinians as 'terrorists'

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
Singapore
Children’s coursework which refers to Palestinians as “terrorists” has been withdrawn by a council after it received angry complaints.

Eleven-year-olds at a primary school in Motherwell, Scotland, have been issued worksheets that state: “Palestinians feel they have the RIGHT to use terrorism against Israelis.”

It then asks the pupils – in classes equivalent to Year 6 level – to “describe two examples of Palestinian terrorist activities.”

View more: Scottish primary school gives homework to children referring to Palestinians as &[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];terrorists&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG]; - Home News - UK - The Independent

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Well there's two possible intentions. Either:

1. They want to demoralize Palestinians

2. They want Western society to understand why Palestinians are driven to violence(Which is positive thing)

Some people may have interpreted it as offending. The way I see it though, if number 2 was intention then I welcome it.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
The way I view this is they were stating what they feel is the truth. With the Palestinians people, you have the same you have with most of the Muslim community. You have some extremist who preach the violence and terrorist acts, but you also have some of the community who wants peace. It is wrong to lump the entire society into one, but that is what happens with any religious group. Look at the Catholics who had the priest sexual abuse scandal in the US. All priest were viewed as sexual abusers and to a certain extent still are.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well I am not surprised at all at this. The media has done a wonderful job with portraying Muslims as terrorists and it seems like the schools in certain countries also have the same mandate. It is always the people who don't have a clue about a situation the first ones to pass judgement.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The way I view this is they were stating what they feel is the truth. With the Palestinians people, you have the same you have with most of the Muslim community. You have some extremist who preach the violence and terrorist acts, but you also have some of the community who wants peace. It is wrong to lump the entire society into one, but that is what happens with any religious group. Look at the Catholics who had the priest sexual abuse scandal in the US. All priest were viewed as sexual abusers and to a certain extent still are.

Don't look at it as Muslim issue. Our cause is a nationalist cause. We don't have any extremists. Keep in mind our first ever military wings were Marxist/Secular. Islamic parties in Palestine are relatively new. Our first armed struggle was conducted by PLO then PFLP. The founder of PFLP was a Palestinian Christian, his name is George Habash. Today our strongest arm is Hamas. Hamas is not extremist, you can't go to an ISIS controlled area and expect to come out safe. You can come to Gaza anytime you want and interview Hamas. Hamas has no global agenda against Westerners. It has contacts with Jimmy Carter and other Western ex-Politicans who recognize our Palestinian rights.

Its not about peace. You see , the 'peace you're talking about and the 'peace' we see currently is an uncontensted Israeli colonization. The reason it seems peaceful right now is because Israel's very powerful and Palestinians in West Bank have no means to defend their selves. This is a struggle to defend our land and we have the right to use mikitay means in defense until the Israeli occupation comes to an end. Look at the summer assault on Gaza that took placece in 2014. Israel was wrecking civilians with impunity. Hamas and the Palestinian resistance on other hand targeted only Israeli combatants when it made tactical operations through tunnels against the Israeli army. Look up Nahal Oz operation. Every time only combatants were targeted even though we could have easily targeted Israeli civilians.

Palestinians only fire rockets becausebtheyre our only means to stop normal life in Israel as Israel has stopped normal life in Palestine. If we can't sleep at night, then they should also not be able to. Our rockets are very small, and don't contain warheads. Most of time they're shot down, they'rd only fired to damage Israeli economy and disrupt life. Not to damage civilians. We could acquire more lethal weapons or resort to suicide bombing but we don't because our struggle is one that is legitimate and we want to send message to international community that we want our rights back. Israeli bombs on other hand are intended to cause mass casualties/damage to our cities. And in order to make our population terrified and submissive to Israel.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Well I am not surprised at all at this. The media has done a wonderful job with portraying Muslims as terrorists and it seems like the schools in certain countries also have the same mandate. It is always the people who don't have a clue about a situation the first ones to pass judgement.

I agree sir, thanks for understanding our POV. Would appreciate if you take a look at my comment above in response to the above user. It will help you and others understand our means/views on this subject and why it isn't a case of radicalism because we have no radicals. Sure we have some reliigois parties but they don't impose their will on others and they dint adopt extremist methods against either their people or Israelis. Our parties are responsible and follow international law as much as we can. But not everything can be perfect as our means are limited and the international community has been unfair towards our cause.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I stand with Israel and the right to settle their ancestral lands as they feel fit. I know that is against what many of you in here believe, but Israel was in the area in ancient times before their was even anyone mentioned a country named Palestine. So should Palestine be able to settle in the area peacefully yes, but should they have regulation, yes they should follow the laws of the country they are settled in. Just like if you moved to France, you would be expected to follow their laws and not the laws of your country or religion.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I stand with Israel and the right to settle their ancestral lands as they feel fit. I know that is against what many of you in here believe, but Israel was in the area in ancient times before their was even anyone mentioned a country named Palestine. So should Palestine be able to settle in the area peacefully yes, but should they have regulation, yes they should follow the laws of the country they are settled in. Just like if you moved to France, you would be expected to follow their laws and not the laws of your country or religion.

There's no such thing as ancestral Israeli land. Are you referring to Hebrews from Africa who conquered the Canaanites? Nobody cares what your Torah or Bible says. I wipe my ass with the Torah. All 'Israelis' today are atifical citizens on occuipped lands. I agree with you that they should follow laws and regulations where they originally came from as all were born outside of Palestine.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I do think that the little cartoon illustration of an explosion is pretty tasteless! The school claim that the worksheet was over 10 years old and is now obsolete but I wonder how on earth the teacher thought it was suitable?

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Hmm Falcon did I touch a nerve? Israel settled the land of in and around Jerusalem. Palestine is never mentioned in any historical reference or history books. I do find it upsetting that you find that you are wiping your ass with the Torah, the word of the one and only God.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Hmm Falcon did I touch a nerve? Israel settled the land of in and around Jerusalem. Palestine is never mentioned in any historical reference or history books. I do find it upsetting that you find that you are wiping your ass with the Torah, the word of the one and only God.

No such thing as Israel. There were African hebrews. That came from Ethiopia and elsewhere. Today's 'Israelis' are Europeans and Americans.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
You claim no such thing as Israel, but the history books document a land named Israel. hmmm

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I think they are just trying to get kids to understand why some Palestinian groups may use terror as a weapon.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
No such thing as Israel. There were African hebrews. That came from Ethiopia and elsewhere. Today's 'Israelis' are Europeans and Americans.
Now that mention it, I think I read an article which attempts to prove that most Israelis living in Israel today, aren't REAL Israelites.
Gene study hopes to settle debate over origin of European Jews
Jews of European origin are a mix of ancestries, with many hailing from tribes in the Caucasus who converted to Judaism and created an empire that lasted half a millennium, according to a gene study.

But about the Scots and their homework. It surprises me that when the rest of Europe no longer considers Hamas or Palestinians terrorists, the Scots, or this teacher in particular, doesn't keep abreast with such developments.

Last edited: