Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Not surprising. It is France after all. Sheltered Iranian mullah and then shifted to shelter Obama and Hillary funded Muslim Brotherhood.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
they definitely have a shit storm on their hands
The teacher
The two Muslim women stabbing
The church incident
The two assaulted Jordanian men.

The Church incident was committed by a Tunisian 21 years of age who was in Italy before going to France after spending sometimes in Turkey.

The situation is messed up and France has got to play it down a bit, election is coming up and there is no reason to turn this into Islam vs France when Muslims make up 10% of your population. No one told the French to allow the Muslim Brotherhood to operate legally in the country. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt have all designated the MB as a terror organization. France and some EU countries did object the move and invited them to the EU. They call them dissidents, we call them terrorists. The laugh is on who now?

This warning was not the first, Saudi king in 2012 had also warned EU and the US. THEY DO NOT LISTEN.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I agree with you fully, and it is too confusing and far away for me to understand, how these things happen.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
in between knife attacks:

The french do not seem to understand that you cannot insult someones religion in the name of free speech.

They need to realize that some topics are red lines, that cannot be crossed.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
The french do not seem to understand that you cannot insult someones religion in the name of free speech.

Is it possible that ...
1) ... maybe they understand all to well and this was their (West's) plan/ploy as an excuse to go after the Muslims in a big way??
2) ... the West does need it's boogie men ... and ... currently, it seems that it is us Muslims???

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
People insult other peoples religion all the time, but not everyone kills because of the insult. I will never understand, it just blows my mind that someone would kill because of a perceived insult, whether real or not, it just doesn't register with me. This has gotten way off track, not where I was looking for the conversation to go.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
I will never understand, it just blows my mind that someone would kill because of a perceived insult, whether real or not, it just doesn't register with me.
Brother you will understand better as your association and familiarity with your religion grows. We are taught from an early age to revere and love Allah & His prophets. Among the prophets we are encouraged to specially revere our holy prophet Mohammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa-alihi Wasallam. Even more so than our parents. The intensity of this feeling is deeper for some than others.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

You are right, but i do not subscribe to the reaction what i just saw in video above or read in news.
In my dictionary, this falls under fanaticism.
However, i also believe there's more than just religious insults involved in France violence. Some of which @Scorpion listed, in his post above.
I'm afraid, this violence will only lead to maligning of Islam and and Muslims.
It's getting ever difficult to explain a young Muslim kid, how a Muslim should behave.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Brother you will understand better as your association and familiarity with your religion grows. We are taught from an early age to revere and love Allah & His prophets. Among the prophets we are encouraged to specially revere our holy prophet Mohammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa-alihi Wasallam. Even more so than our parents. The intensity of this feeling is deeper for some than others.
Messengers of Allah are all the same in my eyes.... it's only God who can assign them any levels.
I don't remember coming across a Quranic verse, trying to differentiate among messengers of Allah.
Actually as a Muslims i believe God loves his creatures all the same. That's what makes him God.
i do believe, we humans earn our place in after life, by virtue of our kindness, honesty and patience. simple words but covers lot.

I also grew-up in Pakistan, my parents were conservative, infect my father in his youth never missed a Haj and regularly performed Umra and tawaf... but he never talked to me about religion, besides taking me to Mosque for Juma prayers. He would take me around different mosques of Lahore, but nothing more.
So clearly not every one is taught the same way, despite being born to Muslim parents and growing up in Pakistan.
I learned about religion from society and internet, more than from my parents or any relative.
As a child and teenager, I would read Bible handouts from missionaries (remember nothing today) and would understand it more than Quran, due to language.

Mohammad or rest of the messengers of Allah are simply idealistic human beings for me, who set examples (most of above) of kindness, honesty and patience, purpose was to lead human beings around with example.
If you call idolizing the life of messengers as love, than it's correct but if we behave like animals and call it love of messenger/s of God... that's not quite right.

This does not mean, i'm not capable of getting angry, if some one calls me ''oye'' (cultural thing) or call names to my parents or hurt helpless living beings... i get angry fast and would love to break the nose of blasphemous person, but i than think of Punjab police more than God and limit to just growling.

However, if any one insult messenger of Allah in front of me, honestly i would not get similarly angry. Depending how's the behavior of the insulter, I may report matter to authorities, but If i see he's cool and said anything in his ignorance, i may go to the person who committed blasphemy and try to counsel him and win him with my kindness and truth about Islam.
Example... I have seen paintings of Mohammad in Iranian streets, i consider it their culture which i can't even discuss with them, without learning their language. In given situation, i would simply walk away. Similarly, in Christian societies we see nailed Isa (jesus) on show.... i feel uncomfortable looking at it, so i simply turn my eyes /brain away.

Last edited:

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't remember coming across a Quranic verse, trying to differentiate among messengers of Allah.
That brother, we Muslims do so due to the gift of the Quran through the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him).

Not everything is stated in black and white in the Quran ... a lot has been left to the interpretation of the sunnah and the hadith of our beloved prophet.

Just like Taraweeh was adapted by the ummah during the Khilafat of Hazrat Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) ... the punishment of the unrepentant and adamant blasphemer has been universally agreed upon since that and even later period as well.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
People insult other peoples religion all the time, but not everyone kills because of the insult. I will never understand, it just blows my mind that someone would kill because of a perceived insult, whether real or not, it just doesn't register with me. This has gotten way off track, not where I was looking for the conversation to go.
There is no justifiable reason to kill anyone for any reason outside the laws that say otherwise and punishments are to be carried out through legal process. In Saudi Arabia for example, if you intentionally kill someone, the law says an eye for an eye. Rape, hard drugs trafficking in big quantity and terrorism are the four categories where capital punishment is applied.

Now the issue here is that you as a country would want to have good relations with the rest of the world. There is no reason to go insult others and still demand good relations. Abusing others religions under the pretext of freedom of expression has got to stop. Just act civil and respect everyone. What is the point the teacher was trying to convey by the portrait other than spreading hate and intolerance. On a state level you do not do that. Macron instead of coming out to address the issue according to the law in France, he came out talking nonsense with the same portrait displayed on walls on different parts of France and showed on TV. This freedom of expression becomes punishable under the law in France and other EU countries when it comes to issues like the holocaust and so on. Hypocrisy at its best. We still do not know the motivation behind this and frankly I do not trust the French so I will take whatever they come up with grain of salt.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
they definitely have a shit storm on their hands
Yes, this is very sad and France has had their fair share of attacks lately. However my complaint is with your mouth! For a so-called "SENIOR MEMBER" of this forum, you must have higher standards and decorum. I can't believe you have not been censored yet for your responses! :eek:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Yes, this is very sad and France has had their fair share of attacks lately. However my complaint is with your mouth! For a so-called "SENIOR MEMBER" of this forum, you must have higher standards and decorum. I can't believe you have not been censored yet for your responses! :eek:
sorry, I am not up to Canadian Feminist standards, I refuse to act like or dress like a women..

Status
Not open for further replies.