Staff member
Reactions
110 21,079 1,066
Country
Saudi Arabia
Serbia establishes Pantsyr-S1E battery
04 May 2020

1588639344200.png

Serbia's Ministry of Defence unveiled its recently acquired battery of Pantsyr-S1E self-propelled air-defence systems on its website on 2 May. The website showed that the Republic of Serbia Air Force and Air Defense (RV i PVO) currently has a battery of six Pantsyr-S1Es. Russia delivered the weapons to Serbia in four shipments between 22 February and 3 March.

Visiting the battery at the 'Major Milan Tepić' barracks in Belgrade's Jakovo suburb, Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said the Pantsyr-S1E equips the 3rd Missile Battalion of the RV i PVO's 250th Air Defence Missile Brigade (250. rbr PVD).

Vučić announced that the largest-ever RV i PVO exercise would be held in October at the Pešter training ground in southwestern Serbia.

Zeeman

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,679 80
Country
Pakistan
This system has proven to be a complete dud against Israeli and Turkish missile attacks. I am actually very upset that Pakistan has wasted money on this . We could have easily gone with Swedish or any other short range tracked SAM system. Being a defensive system we wouldnt have any problem getting approval for sale .