Serbia sells 282 tanks, 220 APCs, missiles, howitzers, … | World Defense

Serbia sells 282 tanks, 220 APCs, missiles, howitzers, …

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
T-55H_Partner_2007.jpg

BELGRADE – Ministry of Defence of Serbia announced that it will begin the sale of more than 480 tanks and howitzers, 220 armored vehicles, more than 20,000 rifles and pistols and a large quantity of ammunition and other equipment.

According to the website of the Ministry of Defence, Directorate for procurement and sales plans to sell 282 T-55 tanks and 220 armored personnel carriers M-60, M-80, BTR-50 and BTR-60 and antitank weapons POLO, as well as 200 howitzers of 105 and 155 millimeters.

The Ministry will offer about 16,700 7.65-millimeter pistols, approximately 3,500 automatic rifles M-70, about 120,000 grenades and about 1,500 missiles.

Interested parties can buy more than 1,100 anti-aircraft guns of 20 and 30 millimeters caliber and about 5,400 hand-held rocket launchers, mortars and recoilless rifles, and on sale will also be multiple rocket launchers and 26 missiles M-63.

Sale will include three radars SNAR-10 and more than 140,000 pieces of various ammunition.

The notice published on January 27 on the website of the Ministry states that the invitation to participate in the public bidding for the purchase of abovementioned weapons will be sent to legal entities that are legally entitled to buy this kind military equipment.

http://inserbia.info/today/2015/02/what-is-left-for-army-serbia-sells-282-tanks-220-apcs-missiles-howitzers/

edustadar001

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Yugoslavia
It is absolutely understandable that Serbia wants to do this sell. Serbia has no money for the maintenance of these weapons but you can sell them for a good price to countries in the Middle East or in the Arabic countries. If they wait with the sell and in the near future there is no war, you can only lose a lot of money which is needed by the population. Take a look at the pictures and you will know that such military equipment is nearly useless if you have not a appropriate maintenance.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well Serbia is taking a risk by selling these military equipment in such hostile times in the region. I hope Serbia will not be in any future conflicts that may require these weapons. On the other hand if they have no use for them then selling them will be a bonus for the economy.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Exactly. I wonder if Serbia will have enough military equipment left for future battles. They're surrounded by terrorists and Russia surely has designs on former Soviet territories in the Balkans. Though I understand the government's need for more income sources, I hope they still continue to fortify their defense for the protection of the citizens.