Shia's claim Nigerian army killed 1,000 of theirs in demonstration | World Defense

Shia's claim Nigerian army killed 1,000 of theirs in demonstration

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Calls for investigation after 'massacre' in Nigeria | News24

Lagos - Human rights advocates and the United States called for an investigation following the Nigerian army's raid on a Shi'ite sect in which hundreds of people were reportedly killed.

Details of the weekend violence in Zaria have been slow to emerge, with the three attacked areas of the northern town on lockdown as late as Tuesday, with no one allowed to enter or leave.

"The United States calls on the Government of Nigeria to quickly, credibly, and transparently investigate these events in Zaria and hold to account any individuals found to have committed crimes," the US Embassy said in a statement on Wednesday.

"It is essential that all sides refrain from actions that further destabilize the situation," US Ambassador James Entwhistle added. He said he expects that a visit to Zaria on Tuesday by Nigeria's interior minister is a first step in a "timely, transparent investigation".

The bloodshed was yet another blow to Africa's most populous nation, already beset by a 6-year-old insurgency waged by Boko Haram, a violent Islamic group which is at odds with the Shi'ites and others who oppose its extremist views.

@WebMaster @Gasoline @Scorpion

This makes no sense. A cleric was detained by Nigerian army. But SHia's are saying 1,000 Shia were killed by the army. Do you guys believe that? I am afraid every time a radical Shia cleric is arrested Shia's will claim there is genocide against them. Is this a way to intimidate Sunni people and tolerate Iran's imperialism in region? This is getting dangerous because the West is buying such claims and more people are hating Sunni's and wanting to kill us. Shia are putting our people in danger when they make these exaggerations to advance their political agenda.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I found an article which provides more details about what happened. A pro-Iranian Shia group held a march to mark the birthday of Mohammad.

Nigerian army kills Shias over blocked road | National News - WYFF Home
The Nigerian Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai, and his convoy wound up trapped in the gridlock.

According to some accounts, a metal object was thrown at the general's vehicle by someone in the crowd. Soldiers mistook the sound for gunshots and apparently thought it was part of an attempt to assassinate the general.
That's when soldiers opened fire on the sect members killing about 100 of them. After it was learned that members of the sect were "mobilizing" and more of them were killed by the military. The figure given might not be an exaggeration.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
This makes no sense. A cleric was detained by Nigerian army. But SHia's are saying 1,000 Shia were killed by the army. Do you guys believe that? I am afraid every time a radical Shia cleric is arrested Shia's will claim there is genocide against them. Is this a way to intimidate Sunni people and tolerate Iran's imperialism in region? This is getting dangerous because the West is buying such claims and more people are hating Sunni's and wanting to kill us. Shia are putting our people in danger when they make these exaggerations to advance their political agenda.

The way for Iran to have influence on a society is spreading Shiism and terrorism. As it well known, they're targeting the poor countries believing that the gains will be encouraging with easy effort, but the Iranians got slapped in many places. In Sudan, the Sudanese president Al Bashir gave them the middle finger and fired them. Now the Nigerians responded with their way and killed the leader of the Shiite movement in Nigeria. Even they have destroyed the Husainiah built by Iran. |0|

I don't think it was an exaggerations, Iran isn't welcomed there. Sounds that someone is trying to counter Iran even in Africa.:|}{

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The way for Iran to have influence on a society is spreading Shiism and terrorism. As it well known, they're targeting the poor countries believing that the gains will be encouraging with easy effort, but the Iranians got slapped in many places. In Sudan, the Sudanese president Al Bashir gave them the middle finger and fired them. Now the Nigerians responded with their way and killed the leader of the Shiite movement in Nigeria. Even they have destroyed the Husainiah built by Iran. |0|

I don't think it was an exaggerations, Iran isn't welcomed there. Sounds that someone is trying to counter Iran even in Africa.:|}{

I wonder what interest Iran has in Nigeria though?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
According to Shiism only white peoples can get into heaven. I don't think that suit the Nigerians.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
According to Shiism only white peoples can get into heaven. I don't think that suit the Nigerians.

Is that really true? But one thing I know for fact is Iranians are racist and I'm surprised Nigerians sympathize with their overall agenda. Iranians look down upon Arabs who are white. I wonder how they view Africans.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Is that really true? But one thing I know for fact is Iranians are racist and I'm surprised Nigerians sympathize with their overall agenda. Iranians look down upon Arabs who are white. I wonder how they view Africans.

I believe this whole scenario is more political than religious.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I wonder what interest Iran has in Nigeria though?

I understand you, Nigeria has nothing deserves attention, but the Mullah in Iran is still dreaming to bring back the shit called " Persian empire".8-P

So, they believe that they can do this by joining hundreds of thousands into Shiism. They focus exactly on the manpower. They need the manpower to help them fighting their enemies through proxy wars. You know clearly that they've created their own version of Islam !|0| and the orders are taken from Mullah, whatever he says it must be followed even if it's against Allah's orders.

Look at Lebanese, Iraqis, Afghans and Pakistanis who they're fighting in Syria and led by Iran... they were charged religiously against everything Sunni and they told that they're doing Jihad against Takfiris !!

So, yeah, they want Nigeria and then send the Nigerians for Mullah's Jihad in Syria,Iraq and Yemen.