Should nations seek a more global economy to ensure stability? | Page 2 | World Defense

Should nations seek a more global economy to ensure stability?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am thinking, what if the nations would cooperate in terms of economy like being lenient in tariffs and other taxes? But that is a dream that is an impossibility. When 10 southeast Asian countries formed the Asean group, there was that prospect of economic cooperation. But what appeared was just a friendly relations among those countries... and nothing more.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not keen on this concept at all. Of course it initially sounds like an ideal for living but the truth is, my country is stretched enough as it is. We cannot afford to have poorer countries leaning on us right now. Similarly, I expect that other countries wouldn't really want the UK leaning on them either.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
Truth is, we can't help everyone out there. If it was that easy and ensured worldwide stability, do you think they wouldn't do it in the next seconds? We're in a state of global economy, sure, but it's already so fragile we don't afford spending more for non-contribuable countries. Look at Greece, for example. They received money amounting hundreds of billions of dollars, but they've never managed to get out of their misery, and now they're in a very dire situation and can go bankrupt any time from now on.

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
Global economies are beneficial to smaller economies, but tend to bring more problems than advantages to larger economies who have to support the struggling economies.