Social Mobility and the Net | World Defense

Social Mobility and the Net

Jason76

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Social mobility in the third world could possibly be improved with the use of the net. Of course, in the past, the US policy was to fight the Communist threat. However, sometimes that idea seeemed like a joke cause no real social mobility existed. However, it doesn't seem to be the case now as high quality math, programming etc.. videos are available totally for free.

Of course, this stuation isn't in full effect. Much of the third world cannot access the net. Nonetheless, as things improve, we should see a major social change.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
Social mobility in the third world could possibly be improved with the use of the net. Of course, in the past, the US policy was to fight the Communist threat. However, sometimes that idea seeemed like a joke cause no real social mobility existed. However, it doesn't seem to be the case now as high quality math, programming etc.. videos are available totally for free.

Of course, this stuation isn't in full effect. Much of the third world cannot access the net. Nonetheless, as things improve, we should see a major social change.

It could be, but with the Communist-in-Chief running the show, that's no longer the case. The Communist threat now calls himself a POTUS and the people blindly let him. Having a global network for social media would help mobility, and Facebook is trying to capitalize upon that starting most recently with India. They tried to provide a form of free internet that only let people use and access facebook and nothing else. While it could help people to stay in touch, there are a lot of corporate interests, greed, and reselling of user data that the people planning these offerings are doing. None of it ultimately is going to be in the best interest of the poor or third-world countries trying to come up to speed with the other nations and parts of the world. Instead, it will give them limited mobility with new sacrifices while taking from others who were somewhat stable in other places to make them poor rather than just holding on, while the rich become richer from it. When I saw what Facebook wanted to do and how they thought that none of the people of India should have any access to anything but facebook, I cringed and was glad that there was a public rejection of it for the most part. I hope that other nations can be given the social networking they need and deserve without Zuckerfraud incorporated messing with each of them.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
I am in the bandwagon of the pessimist with regard to social mobility and the net. I base my argument on the fact that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Most things are a two edged sword. Social networks are being used to forment civil strife. ISIS, Boko Haram and other clandestine groups are also using the very same technological advances to coordinate their agendas. In some Third World countries, it only takes a press of the button for a whole edifice to begin to unravel.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I agree, social networking and the internet can be a double edged sword. On the one hand, those with access can tap into resources previously unavailable to them, and hopefully in doing so, better their situations, but there is also the issue mentioned above, with radical groups sharing their twisted messages online, resulting in increased strife and danger. Unfortunately, it seems evil flourishes online, as well as in the real world, and greed does play a big part in what takes place online and who has access to various websites, as well as the internet as a whole.

Jason76

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
It could be, but with the Communist-in-Chief running the show, that's no longer the case. The Communist threat now calls himself a POTUS and the people blindly let him. Having a global network for social media would help mobility, and Facebook is trying to capitalize upon that starting most recently with India. They tried to provide a form of free internet that only let people use and access facebook and nothing else. While it could help people to stay in touch, there are a lot of corporate interests, greed, and reselling of user data that the people planning these offerings are doing. None of it ultimately is going to be in the best interest of the poor or third-world countries trying to come up to speed with the other nations and parts of the world. Instead, it will give them limited mobility with new sacrifices while taking from others who were somewhat stable in other places to make them poor rather than just holding on, while the rich become richer from it. When I saw what Facebook wanted to do and how they thought that none of the people of India should have any access to anything but facebook, I cringed and was glad that there was a public rejection of it for the most part. I hope that other nations can be given the social networking they need and deserve without Zuckerfraud incorporated messing with each of them.

It's common knowledge that Facebook makes money from people advertising their businesses, groups, and pages. That's why the service will probably always be free for users. Also, YouTube makes money in a similar fashion. Nonetheless, you can't expect a free lunch in this world. In other words, there has to be some trade-off at some point. Given that fact, I don't feel common East Indian people are being exploited, as they are well aware Facebook runs on advertisements.