Soldiers of the Future | Page 2 | World Defense

Soldiers of the Future

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
don’t you think it would be better if we could have like bots that we control from home.

My thought exactly. Why send men to the frontline when we can just send drones? At the moment, we are only sending flying drones but why stop there? Why not send land drones? If we can send an unmanned exploration vehicle to Mars, surely we already have the technology to do the same on earth. Uncle Google told me that we already have things like this:
1bUfoz7.jpg

This particular vehicle can be driven manually or by remote control.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
So John Badham was on to something when he directed War Games in 1983...

On a series note, the video discusses this point, the lessons we learned from Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan have led to the development of using this advanced technology in a combat situation. Our best video gamers will end up working for the DoD helping execute virtual missions in preparation for the real thing.

Who knew that spending hours in front of the XBox would lead to something productive?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Who knew that spending hours in front of the XBox would lead to something productive?

Time spent learning how to better use the computer is never wasted. Don't forget that the next war is likely to be fought in cyberspace. Already, North Korea has fired the first shot with their latest hacking exploits. We need more people who know how to launch an attack in cyberspace. In other words, hackers will be needed. Now, who would consider hacking to be a qualification for employment in the military, eh?

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Well you have a good idea but i believe their are some difficult terrain that even drones would not find easy to navigate.