Somalia a Safe Hub For Terrorists | World Defense

Somalia a Safe Hub For Terrorists

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
From the time dictator Said Barre was overthrown there has neither been peace nor a stable government in Somalia. Where there is instability, terrorism thrives. A number of terrorist groups some of them affiliated with Al Qaeda have operated and still operate in Somalia. Al Shaabab, a Somalian-based terrorist organization that has been fighting with 'government' force from time to time also sends it's fighters across the borders to carry out terrorist attacks. While places such as Somalia, where terrorists can openly operate exist, it will take a really long time for the side that's waging war on terror to win.

Is there any way to rob terrorists of their safe havens such as Somalia?

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
Isn't the exploitation and vulture capitalism following the period after Siad Barre responsible for some of the problems that Somalia faces? If your options are illegal immigration, piracy and becoming a jihadist for a terrorist organization that might provide for your family. I can see how the later might start to sound more desirable.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
From the time dictator Said Barre was overthrown there has neither been peace nor a stable government in Somalia. Where there is instability, terrorism thrives. A number of terrorist groups some of them affiliated with Al Qaeda have operated and still operate in Somalia. Al Shaabab, a Somalian-based terrorist organization that has been fighting with 'government' force from time to time also sends it's fighters across the borders to carry out terrorist attacks. While places such as Somalia, where terrorists can openly operate exist, it will take a really long time for the side that's waging war on terror to win.

Is there any way to rob terrorists of their safe havens such as Somalia?
There will always be safe havens for terrorist groups.
The real threat is the places that they cannot practice terrorism openly. Terrorist are more dangers in those areas, in my opinion.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Terrorists are so well funded they can find havens everywhere. The worst thing is when terrorists support one another as in Somalia it seems to be them against the world, except they are in the minority. They will find places to hide, look Pakistan hid Saddam and claimed they didn't know. I should imagine they have safe houses dotted around the world.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
There will always be safe havens for terrorist groups.
The real threat is the places that they cannot practice terrorism openly. Terrorist are more dangers in those areas, in my opinion.

I fully agree. While there may be known safe havens for these extremists, the true terror they can cause are in locations where they are most hidden and least expected. The problem becomes whether those in hiding are able to receive significant support from the organizations in these havens.