Some Americans Think the Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law?! | Page 2 | World Defense

Some Americans Think the Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law?!

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
I don't really like that people use "conspiracy theory" to make anyone asking suspicious question sound like a nutcase. There is a difference between people persisting in believing weird theories against all proof -- and between people seeing hints of something that could be building and pointing it out and interpretating it. Like mentioned -- that's making guesses based on empirical evidence. I mean, people were also theorizing that the nation spied on its citizens and people called them nuts and paranoid, and then we found out it was true (and then people just incorporated this in their daily life and did not care much more than that).

So with this sort of apathy, slowly edging towards ways of policing that resemble martial law is not out of the question. It's not like the justice system isn't fucked. It's not like the penitentiary system isn't fuck. It's not like the police force is not in many places corrupt. It's not like it's not already very fucked and people just get used to hearing different scandals and continue on, forgetting up to the next scandal.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is it isn't a conspiracy, it is fact. What question should be asked is, "Is this good or bad for the country?" and if it's bad "How do we stop it?". I don't think people are behind the scenes saying we need to CONTROL ALL. But the police's budget is much higher, and they are getting military equipment for your average 20,000 person town. It's insanity.

I have to say I agree with this post, everybody is wondering if it's going to happen or not when the real question should be will we allow it to happen and what difference will it make to the country if it did?

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
I don't have any use for conspiracy theories. I don't have a high opinion of our government but I don't believe they woukd ever become tyrannical enough to turn the military on the citizenry. I know its the internet and people are free to have opinions but its ridiculous how easily some people buy into conspiracies.
You don't think your government is evil enough to do something like this? Remember that the U.S. used white phosphorus on Iraqi civilians in 2004. After seeing that (the effects of that rather), I believe this government is capable of doing anything no matter how evil.

The key for the U.S. Government is to do it very gradually kind of like putting a frog in water and gradually raising the temperature so that it doesn't panic and jump out.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I have to say I agree with this post, everybody is wondering if it's going to happen or not when the real question should be will we allow it to happen and what difference will it make to the country if it did?

With everything I have seen so far on both sides of the fence... most likely yes. Very few (approximately a quarter of the population I think) even keep track of what is going on in our government. Most just sit back with the delusion that our government knows what is best and will take care of us. Now I have to admit that more and more youngsters are getting interested in what is going on, but it is not yet enough.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's true I think that a lot of Americans, people in all different countries in fact, tend to trust their politicians and governments a little too much.

I think people still want to believe that they've been voted in so they should trust them, when in a lot of cases, the promises that got them into the whitehouse in the first place are thrown out of the nearest window as soon as that door closes.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I don't stress too much on presidents, most people do not realize that a US President is required to fulfill the promises and work of the previous president and then the president that comes in after them fulfills theirs. There are some things they can do during their presidency to start off their projects, but the change does not typically occur until after they are no longer president. Congress on the other hand exacts change from the start and they are a congressman until they either retire or are voted out. So they are able to fulfill their obligations if they can get it past the rest of the congressman. So my issues with everything that happens wrong goes straight to congress not the president. He can only do so much... it is congress that holds the real power. However, congress no longer has our best interest at heart, only their pockets. So as long as their pockets are full they will keep things as screwed up as they are.