Some UFO reports from US Air Force declassified and now available online | World Defense

Some UFO reports from US Air Force declassified and now available online

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Some UFO reports from US Air Force declassified and now available online

ufo-sighting.jpeg

UFO fans rejoice, the UNITED STATES AIR FORCE has declassified files containing information about UFO sightings, related incident reports and other information reported by its agents and employees.

As noted by the MILITARY TIMES, at least 130,000 pages of declassified UFO reports are now viewable on the web (without any restrictions) — at the site called the Blackvault.com — available to anyone who wants to dig into UFO accounts filed during the 1940s to the late 60s. People can search by keyword, like a city for example, or browse filed incidents by year, or date of the incident’s filing.

These reports were compiled by UFO enthusiast John Greenewald who has spent nearly 20 years filing FOI or Freedom of Information requests for the government to release their “UFO files.”

Of course, skeptics can still argue that these files don’t actually confirm that we’re not alone in the universe, and we’ve been visited in the past by highly intelligent extraterrestrial creatures — but at least researchers can expand their knowledge about how the UFO mania exploded in the 40s especially after the Roswell incident.

AND here’s the most interesting part of this story — these files don’t include any direct information about the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico incident — giving UFOlogists yet another reason to believe that the government is “hiding” something from the public.

One of the 10,000 plus UFO cases documented by the US Air Force include a 1950 incident at Holloman Air Force Base in Alamogordo, New Mexico, an area just several miles away from Roswell.

The said incident involved an agent at the Air Force Office of Special Investigations agent who reported a “star-like craft that shifted from a bright white color to red and green as it moved erratically in several directions.”

Source: Some UFO reports from US Air Force declassified and now available online | PopHerald.com

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Have they released photos of the UFOs?

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Have they released photos of the UFOs?

I was rather hoping so, but it would appear not. Or at least not many and none which are of much interest. After clicking into the Blackvault.com link this morning, I really found nothing more than records of reported sightings. Frustrated with that I googled to see if any photos were included with any of the reports.
All I turned up was this, "...The database includes a few blurry images of lights in the sky that were taken at the New Mexico location in 1949."
And, unfortunately, I figure that's all there is to be found in the files.
Nuts! Foiled again!:)

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
So, did you read the files, or did you just stop when there where no photos? I was actually thinking about going and doing some light reading for curiosity sake. I want to see if they are really similar or all over the place. I wonder if anyone ever made data set out of the sighting data to see if there was any correlations. Or if these files just sat in a dusty box until some non-paid intern got to scan them into a computer.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
No such thing as UFO. Just cover up by US to deploy space weapons. Objects could also be used for spying.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I was checking out some of the ones posted for our state. A lot are close to one of our air force bases that has extremely high security. There are lots of "UFO" stories surrounding it and they do quite a bit of research there. Some of the reports are interesting. I had to laugh when one of them was a prank call from a kid and the police went out and had a stern talk with him.

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
So, did you read the files, or did you just stop when there where no photos? I was actually thinking about going and doing some light reading for curiosity sake. I want to see if they are really similar or all over the place. I wonder if anyone ever made data set out of the sighting data to see if there was any correlations. Or if these files just sat in a dusty box until some non-paid intern got to scan them into a computer.
There are quite a number of the files; and, from what I saw fairly boring stuff. I looked through several at random from each of at least three decades and found nothing of any interest. Just inconclusive and very general reports of seeing "lights" and such.
It might be that if you looked at every one of them you might find a handful that were interesting, but I doubt that you would find any of it to be light reading...dull, dry reading at best.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
There are quite a number of the files; and, from what I saw fairly boring stuff. I looked through several at random from each of at least three decades and found nothing of any interest. Just inconclusive and very general reports of seeing "lights" and such.
It might be that if you looked at every one of them you might find a handful that were interesting, but I doubt that you would find any of it to be light reading...dull, dry reading at best.
Many of the reports were very similar to a set of lights that me and my grandma used to watch in the Eastern sky on clear nights. We never knew what they were, but they would move up and down and change color for a long period of time and then suddenly jet off. We didn't live close to anything spectacular, so we never knew what to make of it. We used to try to time it though to see if it was consistent like a military drill or a measuring device. I was little though, so I don't remember all the details.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Most of the reports are presumed sightings or lights that could be aliens ship but it is not that exciting to read as it does not contains a lot of facts and fell asleep reading some as it was not exciting. It would have been better if there was exciting facts, and something where people would be able to read some good things not boring articles. I am surprised this is released maybe the real articles are hidden and not safe for the public or people so hiding it from us.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
It's weird but how come most of these UFO citings can only be found in the US while we hardly have any here in Asia. We do have apparitions and accounts of mythical creatures but how come UFO reports are few and far and between? This may have something to do with the fact that compared to the US, other countries are not so big on aliens and extraterrestrial beings in general.

horse next door

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Germany
There are still people who believe ONLY the US have spotted UFO's? Seriously people, go think about it.