South Africa without transport | World Defense

South Africa without transport

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
A beautiful country with so much to see and do but the sad part is the transport or lack there of. It is good to get to the airport and from there you can catch the Gautrain to the centre of Johannesburg but then you are left to either hire a car or rely on the taxis which is never a good idea.
With all the beauty in the country I would suggest hiring a car as this is the safest and best way to get around.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am a traveler of sorts. In all the countries that I had visited, my first note is the transportation. If the airport is far from the hotel, it is just all right as long as the transportation is available and not so expensive. In Hongkong, we take the taxi since the condo of my nephew is near the airport. But in Singapore, we take the train to save on cost. Besides, the train is clean and fast, a good way to travel.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I love South Africa and really feel that with transport for people like they have in every other country it would be a safer place to work, live and holiday and this is something that they really should consider doing.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Public transportation in Africa is definitely a no-go for me. And I'm sure you have a point with the taxis in SA not being the safest thing ever.

If I would happen to visit I would most certainly hire a car. Not sure how much it costs but it would certainly be the best way to go, afterall if you are traveling then a little extra $$$ for convenience isn't such a bad thing.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I think coming to South Africa now with the exchange rate, you would probably be able to drive around in a limo each day! Taxis are expensive but there are only a few ones that are safe to take as they mini bus taxis are not roadworthy and they drive a little crazy, I would never get into as I value my life!