South African Economy at its worst | World Defense

South African Economy at its worst

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
The South African rand is worth absolutely nothing and to travel would be a complete luxury for the idle rich. The country has no stability and the rich are government officials with tenders making them rich, by taking from the nation.
Our rand continues to drop, the government continue to get rich and the people of the country struggle to make ends meet with the price of everything going up, salaries without increase and the government....continues to get rich.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
The state of the south African economy only seems to trouble people that live in that region of the world. Not a great deal gets reported on how the south African government continue to live in palaces and cream off large portions of aid and charity that gets invested into the region.

The world seems to just let it continue to happen and I doubt there will be any intervention soon.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
South Africa does appear to be in a terrible state. Whilst I don't condone the recent rioting, I can certainly comprehend the reasons behind it.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
You know, you shouldn't worry too much about dropping monetary values. Other countries deliberately control their currency values like Japan and Korea. They have really low currency rates for export purposes. You're saying that South America's quality of life is poor. At times, though, even if the government is doing something, it takes time for the effects to trickle down to the masses.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think that's the main problem though. I don't think the South African government actually is doing anything about it. In that country the rich get richer and the poor get poorer is definitely an expression that comes to mind.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
South Africa's economic woes stem from poor leadership. Most people in Africa think they owe a debt to "freedom fighters" and they ["freedom fighters"] believe that they should "pay" themselves for the work they did. And while such attitudes still live on, the economies of African nations, which were colonized, will only get worse and worse and . . .

. . . until they start electing leaders whose sole intent is to serve the people who elect them. Real statesmen.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure there even is any political leaders in Africa that actually do want to represent the people. It's seen as more of a way to just get rich quick.