South Syria rebels reportedly promised air cover | World Defense

South Syria rebels reportedly promised air cover

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

BEIRUT – Free Syrian Army rebels in southern Syria have reportedly been promised “Arab air cover” as they ramp up their military campaign against the regime.

“Rebel factions in the area are preparing for large-scale military operations and have received promises of Arab air cover, or at least the provision of anti-aircraft rockets,” a source in the FSA toldAlaraby Aljadeed in an article published Tuesday.

The source—an officer in the FSA’s Yarmouk Army who preferred to remain anonymous—said that the factions might not wait longer than a week to launch the new offensives, even if the promised air support was not provided by then.

The London-based daily also spoke with an official in the FSA-affiliated Southern Front coalition of rebels who echoed the claims of the Yarmouk Army officer.

“There have been serious signals that the Southern Front will receive Arab support within days,” Southern Front Military Command member Ayman Alaasmi told the paper.

The report comes days after former Lebanese Premier Saad Hariri, who is close to the Saudi royal family, told Arab reporters in a closed meeting in Washington that “air cover” for rebels in the southern and northern Syria was inevitable.

The Lebanese political leader stressed that “such action could come regardless of Washington’s position,” Al-Arabiya television reported.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
If true,about time they did.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I haven't heard such thing in the arabic media till now. No one will know of an air support before it starts.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
If true,about time they did.

I'm not sure if it's confirmed. Maybe they though of it but called it off. The fear isn't from Iran or Syrian regime. I believe Jordan and Egypt will refuse to cooperate, probably UAE as well. Because Jordan doesn't want Islamist controlled Syria, nor does Egypt or UAE. Only Saudi Arabia is actually interested in countering Iran.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I'm not sure if it's confirmed. Maybe they though of it but called it off. The fear isn't from Iran or Syrian regime. I believe Jordan and Egypt will refuse to cooperate, probably UAE as well. Because Jordan doesn't want Islamist controlled Syria, nor does Egypt or UAE. Only Saudi Arabia is actually interested in countering Iran.

UAE will fight alongside Saudi Arabia to the last drop of blood in our veins so does Jordan and Egypt.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
UAE will fight alongside Saudi Arabia to the last drop of blood in our veins so does Jordan and Egypt.

I know you're going to get emotional but sorry that's not the case. Egypt prefers Assad over rebels. Jordan itself does not want Jihadist groups on its borders. When Nusra Front took over the crossing from Syrian regime Jordan had closed the border. What Jordan and some other Arab countries think is going to happen is that they will arm 7,000 FSA to go fight Nusra Front, Ahrar Al Shaam, Jaish Al Jihad, ISIS, Jaysh al Aqsa and numerous other Islamist groups(That did all the fighting and revolution) and assist this FSA group on ground and hope to install friendly secular corrupt government like the rest of the Arab ones. This is a fantasy though, if they try it not only will FSA be wiped out but Jordan should prepare for bigtime attacks inside its country. And then Israel will get involved to try saving Jordan regime. Actually Hadith says Mujahideen will cross Jordanian river into occuipped Palestine to fight Israel. So if Arabs are thinking what I mentioned above, then they are rebelling against God and therefore I would support destruction of Jordanian regime and any other foreign entities which may invade Syria to try destorying the Islamic revolution.

Sad reality is Arabs are hoping for their scenario to play out but also aware it's very unrealistic therefore probably called it off. IN my opinion, we won't see neither air support nor weapons transfers. Because in end of day all they care for is their pathetic throne even if means selling all their honor.