1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Spanish FM arrives in Gaza for short visit | Maan News Agency

Spanish FM arrives in Gaza for short visit
Published today (updated) 13/01/2015 11:51

312536_345x230.jpg

(MaanImages/File)

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Spain's Foreign Minister José García-Margallo arrived in Gaza on Tuesday for a short visit to the besieged Palestinian enclave.

The Spanish FM entered via the Israeli-controlled Erez crossing and is scheduled to visit areas devastated by Israel's military offensive.

A press conference will be held at the UNRWA-run al-Bahrain school, which is still housing several families who lost their homes during Israeli airstrikes.

........ ..

Good move by Spain. World should seize this opportunity and create hope for not only Palestinians but other peoples in region.

Because this region is falling fast to extremists. Time is not our side. We must provide alternative for peoples to prevent them from sympathizing with extremist camp.

People of region don't all understand process of politics and that it may be another decade for things to get better. They are loosing patience.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm also glad that Spain's taking the initiative to reach out to Palestinians. I guess that's why the residents sided with Hamas because Israel seemed hostile to them. Israel would have had successfully routed Hamas had they empowered Palestinians and offered equal opportunities as their citizens. The military offensive spoke of their real sentiments. They have never opened their doors to marginalized Palestinians from the outset.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I'm also glad that Spain's taking the initiative to reach out to Palestinians. I guess that's why the residents sided with Hamas because Israel seemed hostile to them. Israel would have had successfully routed Hamas had they empowered Palestinians and offered equal opportunities as their citizens. The military offensive spoke of their real sentiments. They have never opened their doors to marginalized Palestinians from the outset.

Well problem is they need to make up their mind. Either enable for one state or two state solution. Maintaining occupation whilst giving them an okay quality of life is unacceptable. Remember that Israel utilizes this strategy in West Bank in order to try whitewash the occupation. It is an occupation and will remain so until Israel ends it. Hamas is irrelevant in that matter, Hamas is new to political arena. Don't let Israel fool you by claiming Hamas is the obstacle. Before Hamas there was Fatah. Which did everything that Israel now demands from Hamas and got nothing in return. No two state solution occurred. Instead they began pressuring Arafat to make more concessions since he disarmed the military wing of Fatah. With arms you will be not be making more concessions on your rights to the land. That doesn't mean we need to use our arms. The arms are there for deterrence purposes. Only when Israeli attacks are escalated are weapons used in return.

I do agree with you, if Israel claims it seeks to weaken Hamas than it should work towards two state solution and remove siege from Gaza. Then elections will follow.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I do agree with you, if Israel claims it seeks to weaken Hamas than it should work towards two state solution and remove siege from Gaza. Then elections will follow.

They don't really have to make Gaza an independent state then and there. Israel can simply give it the status of "autonomous region" until such time the Palestinians can stand on their own. If the Palestinians are distrustful of Israel, then it would be good if a third party country they can trust will oversee their recovery and gradual growth. Face it: if Israel lets go of them today, Gaza will still crumble. It's currently in a difficult economic situation. They also have to elect their own leaders. With the way they are now, they'd be no different from Timor Leste. Although they gained their independence, it didn't change the fact that they were severely impoverished and could barely operate as a state.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
They don't really have to make Gaza an independent state then and there. Israel can simply give it the status of "autonomous region" until such time the Palestinians can stand on their own. If the Palestinians are distrustful of Israel, then it would be good if a third party country they can trust will oversee their recovery and gradual growth. Face it: if Israel lets go of them today, Gaza will still crumble. It's currently in a difficult economic situation. They also have to elect their own leaders. With the way they are now, they'd be no different from Timor Leste. Although they gained their independence, it didn't change the fact that they were severely impoverished and could barely operate as a state.

Wrong, if Israel ends occupation/siege of Palestinian territories they would become most prosperous nation at least amongst Arabs and will eventually pass Israel.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Wrong, if Israel ends occupation/siege of Palestinian territories they would become most prosperous nation at least amongst Arabs and will eventually pass Israel.
Nope, you're wrong. They're not even Arabs - don't make me laugh. Israelis are Jewish. I was merely suggesting an idea and I obviously wasn't stating a fact. Your reply is kind of off-tangent and doesn't fall in line with my proposition? How can a proposition be wrong? It hasn't even been implemented yet.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Nope, you're wrong. They're not even Arabs - don't make me laugh. Israelis are Jewish. I was merely suggesting an idea and I obviously wasn't stating a fact. Your reply is kind of off-tangent and doesn't fall in line with my proposition? How can a proposition be wrong? It hasn't even been implemented yet.

I was referring to Palestinians genius.