Stability in Europe Union | World Defense

Stability in Europe Union

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
So I do love how when I go to Europe that the European Union allows me to travel where I would like in those countries. You can fly and take trains across borders without having to show your passport each time When I flew to Poland from Germany, they did check my passport at the baggage claim area. Honestly, this was because I was the only black person coming in and that my itself could reason to double check someone. However, how long will this union last? Will there continue to be peace and stability in the union for decades to come? Or will there something economically, politically, etc. that will cause a breakup and potential chaos in the next decades?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think, on the whole, the situation will continue to stay the same. Membership of the European Union has been a point of much debate in my country and many wish to leave. However, this means giving up all the freedoms that this affords us, including free passage between countries. The only real threat is that of terrorism - this is something that could easily increase the amount of security checks being conducted, but it won't affect our passage.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I have always been against Schengen because open borders carries more risks of many things, criminals, smuggling, rabies, terrorism and in the case of children, abductions in divorces. The UK has kept it's own borders and waiting for a few minutes to have a passport checked is a small price to pay for a secure country IMHO.

While having borders doesn't stop all the above, it makes it harder and is more of a deterrent. In the recent case of the escaped French terrorist, the fact there are no border controls made it easy for her leave. A no fly list means nothing when you have land and sea transportation.

Countries can have emergency borders, but we are finally seeing the effects of open borders and that does cost lives. They will remain for the time being, yet some countries may opt to have some borders while they have a high alert.

BBC News - Q&A: Schengen Agreement

Frank Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Portugal
I am sure that the European Union will last. It benefits the general population a lot for it to exist, for reasons you mentioned, as traveling between Europe is really a smooth and pleasant experience. Also, countries are more interested in mutual economic pacts and alliances than letting it go to waste over petty disputes.