'Stop us if you can': Religious parties in Mardan protest conviction of 31 men in Mashal's murder | World Defense

'Stop us if you can': Religious parties in Mardan protest conviction of 31 men in Mashal's murder

The Sandman

Reactions
405 34 0
Country
Pakistan
Life in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Mardan district came to a halt on Friday as thousands of workers and supporters of religious parties took to roads to pressure the government into releasing the 31 men convicted in the brutal murder of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan student Mashal Khan, who was lynched in April 2017 after being falsely accused of blasphemy.

Thousands of members of the Tahaffuz Khatm-i-Nabuwat Organisation, Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) and Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) joined by locals participated in the protest that began at Pakistan Chowk after Friday prayers.
5a7d9347ba9d8.jpg

A view of the protest in Mardan on Friday.— DawnNews

Holding banners that read "Mashalyon [Mashal supporters], stop us if you can!", the protesters chanted slogans against Mashal and the government.

The demonstration led by Tahaffuz Khatm-i-Nabuwat leader Qari Ikramul Haq demanded that the men convicted for the murder be released.

Several of the men acquitted by the court, including Ajmal Mayar, attended the rally and were given a "Ghazi welcome" [Muslim fighters' welcome].
5a7daa84e6714.jpg

Religious leaders address the rally.— DawnNews

The rally was scheduled to march from Pakistan Chowk to College Chowk, but concluded earlier at Katlang Chowk after a dua (grand prayer) for those acquitted. The protest resulted in heavy traffic jams in the area.

Advocate Syed Akhtar, a JI leader and one of the counsels of the accused in the Mashal Khan murder case, in his address to the rally said the "entire ummah" stands behind those who have been convicted.

He said the protesters wanted to warn the government that if it goes ahead with appealing the acquittal of the 26 men in court, then "we will block the roads".
"Imran Ali [the man who shot Mashal] is our hero, he is a Ghazi,"
a religious leader said while addressing the gathering.

'Heroes' welcome'
The JI had also held a gathering in Mardan on Thursday to 'welcome' those acquitted by the anti-terrorism court (ATC).

On Wednesday night, a jubilant crowd of religious party workers had gathered at the Mardan Motorway Interchange to "welcome" the 26 "heroes" who had been acquitted by the court, and to protest the ATC's verdict against the 31 convicts.

The charged crowd chanted slogans against the murdered student and vowed to "move the Supreme Court against the verdict".

At least six of the acquitted reached Mardan on Wednesday night. One of the acquitted, Aizaz, was welcomed and garlanded enthusiastically by the crowd.

Aizaz, who was showered with petals and carried on the shoulders of supporters, addressed the crowd in Pashto, vowing that anyone who committed blasphemy or spoke against Khatm-i-Nabuwwat would "meet the same end as Mashal".

It is pertinent to note here that the joint investigation team (JIT) tasked by the court with probing the murder of Mashal Khan found the student had not committed blasphemy. The JIT in its report stated that a group in the university had incited a mob against the 23-year-old on pretext of blasphemy.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1388351/s...rotest-conviction-of-31-men-in-mashals-murder

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
ALLAH behter janta hy bai

"And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless." 7:179

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
This is insane! I don't know about the details of the case but no one should take the law in his own hands. No matter how blasphemous that content was no justification whatsoever of killing a human being. Im out of words, rest in peace.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
This is insane! I don't know about the details of the case but no one should take the law in his own hands. No matter how blasphemous that content was no justification whatsoever of killing a human being. Im out of words, rest in peace.

The joint investigation team has confirmed that Mashal "The killed" wasn't involved in any blasphemous activity ...... he was killed because he was vocal against university administration's incompetence and corruption ........ now these baboons are trying to compete the other sect (Green turbans) on politicizing the whole thing ......... all of them claim to be protectors of Messenger's Prophet hood and its honor.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The joint investigation team has confirmed that Mashal "The killed" wasn't involved in any blasphemous activity ...... he was killed because he was vocal against university administration's incompetence and corruption ........ now these baboons are trying to compete the other sect (Green turbans) on politicizing the whole thing ......... all of them claim to be protectors of Messenger's Prophet hood and its honor.

This sickness has to stop. Everyone nowadays claims to be the descendent, protector of the prophethood. Erdogan, Kamenei, Muqtda Al sader, Houthie, everyone everyone while the real descendents and the rest of the Hijazi tribes are laughing at those crazy baboons.

So now the man was innocent, the perpetrator must be executed. Pakistan should really consider banning protesting and religious parties competing in election.

Last edited:

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
This sickness has to stop. Everyone nowadays claims to be the descendent, protector of the prophethood. Erdogan, Kamenei, Muqtda Al sader, Houthie, everyone everyone while the real dependents and the rest of the Hijazi tribes are laughing at those crazy baboons.

So now the man was innocent, the perpetrator must be executed. Pakistan should really consider banning protesting and religious parties competing in election.

Pakistanis can be ruled and governed by someone who doesn't have skeletons in his closet ........ otherwise there is no hope anymore, we take two steps forward and four backward.

Whole society and system is bound to collapse with this rampant injustice, corruption, lawlessness ....... there is a very wide divide between the poor general populace and the elite who can afford to contest and win elections. The clergy and religious parties have ample of foot soldiers in shape of Medressah graduates and students ...... its more of a mafia now ......... they succeeded because multiple Pakistani governments failed to provide employment, free education and other basic necessities to its citizens.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pakistanis can be ruled and governed by someone who doesn't have skeletons in his closet ........ otherwise there is no hope anymore, we take two steps forward and four backward.

Whole society and system is bound to collapse with this rampant injustice, corruption, lawlessness ....... there is a very wide divide between the poor general populace and the elite who can afford to contest and win elections. The clergy and religious parties have ample of foot soldiers in shape of Medressah graduates and students ...... its more of a mafia now ......... they succeeded because multiple Pakistani governments failed to provide employment, free education and other basic necessities to its citizens.

If that is the case then the whole system should be brought down and reconstructed again. You guys need a dictator like Gaddafi, someone knows how to slaughter (:-)

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
If that is the case then the whole system should be brought down and reconstructed again. You guys need a dictator like Gaddafi, someone knows how to slaughter (:-)

Its too late and there are many players now ........ the rot of corruption has seeped down in the society ......... everything is mafia a cartel now and on top of it we have a highly insensitive people ......... just imagine we lost 70000 Pakistanis in terrorist attacks and nothing changed except for military going full blaze against terrorists and clearing areas ....... the mentality and the way of doing politics and the reasons we vote for remain same. Pakistanis are into personality worship ....... religious sects weren't sufficient so we decided further division based on who can get himself killed or kill for his corrupt political leader.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Its too late and there are many players now ........ the rot of corruption has seeped down in the society ......... everything is mafia a cartel now and on top of it we have a highly insensitive people ......... just imagine we lost 70000 Pakistanis in terrorist attacks and nothing changed except for military going full blaze against terrorists and clearing areas ....... the mentality and the way of doing politics and the reasons we vote for remain same. Pakistanis are into personality worship ....... religious sects weren't sufficient so we decided further division based on who can get himself killed or kill for his corrupt political leader.

Better late than never. What is the solution in your point of view to change the status quo in Pakistan?

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Better late than never. What is the solution in your point of view to change the status quo in Pakistan?

People of Pakistan and the way they think ............ they are the only solution, unless they wake up and stop being pawns and demand correction, nothing is going to change ........ injustice will breed more frustration and extremism ........... we demand very little and get happy with much less and forget. Unless we start accepting that there is a problem and it needs correction ......... we will remain hostages. Hostage of politicians, hostage of corrupt thugs, hostage of religious clergy, hostage of our own misery.

I have reached a point where I think may be life hereafter holds better for me .... just wait a little bit and may be I will get rid of this hell like condition and depressing situation. I mean look at Pakistan on the world map ........... a country with an ocean belt, a country with deserts and highest mountain peaks, a country with abundant manpower, a country rich with agricultural land, minerals and resources, a country with strong defenses, a nuclear power and despite all the available resources and opportunities they are waiting for Mehdi to come and get them rid of their situation and change their lives .......... I mean if I was born in some barren land somewhere in desert in Africa I won't feel this much helplessness and misery that I feel, a country that should be feeding others has failed to feed its own citizens ........... looking at the country, its potential and its resources and then looking at the achievement of its people, their condition ..... it all makes me hopeless, helpless and incapable of doing anything .... and just to wait for the end.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
People of Pakistan and the way they think ............ they are the only solution, unless they wake up and stop being pawns and demand correction, nothing is going to change ........ injustice will breed more frustration and extremism ........... we demand very little and get happy with much less and forget. Unless we start accepting that there is a problem and it needs correction ......... we will remain hostages. Hostage of politicians, hostage of corrupt thugs, hostage of religious clergy, hostage of our own misery.

I have reached a point where I think may be life hereafter holds better for me .... just wait a little bit and may be I will get rid of this hell like condition and depressing situation. I mean look at Pakistan on the world map ........... a country with an ocean belt, a country with deserts and highest mountain peaks, a country with abundant manpower, a country rich with agricultural land, minerals and resources, a country with strong defenses, a nuclear power and despite all the available resources and opportunities they are waiting for Mehdi to come and get them rid of their situation and change their lives .......... I mean if I was born in some barren land somewhere in desert in Africa I won't feel this much helplessness and misery that I feel, a country that should be feeding others has failed to feed its own citizens ........... looking at the country, its potential and its resources and then looking at the achievement of its people, their condition ..... it all makes me hopeless, helpless and incapable of doing anything .... and just to wait for the end.

An orignized campaign to overthrow the entire government, rewrite the constitution and have a monitored election could be the last hope to correct the situation and make Pakistan stands on its feet.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
An orignized campaign to overthrow the entire government, rewrite the constitution and have a monitored election could be the last hope to correct the situation and make Pakistan stands on its feet.

That would be chaos, civil war like situation and no sane Pakistani would want this.

Pakistan's judiciary has started recognising its importance and independence, they have been active lately, they are gradually questioning the status quo and incompetence of the governors, the current CJ of Supreme court has been vigilant and has taken numerous sou motu notices, ranging from deteriorating condition of health facilities, clean drinking water to coal projects. But same judiciary is hostage to medieval laws of Pakistan when it comes to dispensing justice ........ justice process for common Pakistanis is too lethargic and complicated.