suicide bomber target hospital under construction | World Defense

suicide bomber target hospital under construction

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
KABUL — A powerful suicide bombing targeted an under-construction medical facility on Wednesday near Bagram Air Base, the main American base north of the Afghan capital, the U.S. military said, and six Afghans were reported wounded.

The attacker struck the facility that is being built to help the Afghan people who live in the area, the U.S. military said. There were no coalition casualties and the base remains secure, the statement added.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack but both the Taliban and the Islamic State group stage near-daily attacks in Kabul and elsewhere in Afghanistan.

Outside the sprawling base, several homes, mostly belonging to the poor, were destroyed. A large mosque in the area was also badly damaged,.

Shortly after the bombing, Afghan troops, special forces and intelligence officers cordoned off the perimeter of the base with armored personnel carriers. Heavily armed soldiers kept residents far from the gates to Bagram Air Base.

Within minutes of the suicide bombing, U.S. fighter aircraft bombed the area, according to witnesses

Earlier reports suggested that a U.S. military convoy might have been the target of Wednesday's attack.

Dr. Abdul Qasim Sangin, a physician who heads the main hospital in the province, said the hospital near the perimeter of the base was on fire. It wasn't immediately clear if any foreigners were inside the hospital.

Gen. Mahfooz Walizada, police commander of Parwan province where the base is located, confirmed the attack but offered no details on casualties.

Sangin said his hospital received six wounded, all Afghans. Five were in stable condition and one was critical, he said. Scores more were treated and released by medics at the scene. Most were suffering cuts and bruises from flying glass and debris.

The Taliban control or hold sway over nearly half of Afghanistan, staging regular attacks that target foreign and Afghan forces, as well as Kabul government officials, but also kill scores of civilians

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I don't understand why they target a hospital being built to care for Afghans

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I don't understand why they target a hospital being built to care for Afghans

First of all the article says they tried targeting a military base but failed in the process. However, assuming it is right, and they are bad people, how are you any different? You sit at home and cheer on this endless war and our endless presence there which brings nothing but death and destruction. We kill people for no reason at all. Whether innocents or even the Taliban. What are we fighting for? If you're gonna justify our presence based off some of our long term or short term interests, then I don't see how you are different than these Taliban who are fighting for their interests too.

You don't care about human life other than yours. Which is disturbing and sad for Afghani people who are victims of all sides in this political quagmire.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Please, don't comment anymore on things I post, just the other day you assumed I agreed with US middle east policy, and went on some diatribe, now you are assuming that I cheer on endless wars. You got something going on in your head and it is not constructive.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Please, don't comment anymore on things I post, just the other day you assumed I agreed with US middle east policy, and went on some diatribe, now you are assuming that I cheer on endless wars. You got something going on in your head and it is not constructive.

You do not see any different from the US government on anything foreign policy related. It would have been obvious by now. I personally don't mind if you are in complete agreement with the US government, but if you try to establish a good guy bad guy narrative then I'm gonna challenge it. It's important for people to understand there is no good guy anywhere in the world at the moment. And we as normal citizens are complicit to the death and destruction going on around the world when we agree to it and enable it. Due to the people who unconditionally support their governments in all their actions, such as Russians, Iranians, Americans, Israelis, Arabs, Afghanis, Chinese, French, etc....

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
It's obvious to you, the one that is out hunting an enemy that lives in your head

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
It's obvious to you, the one that is out hunting an enemy that lives in your head

Speak english dude, lol, but indeed I cause hardship and suffering for satan worshippers and jew lovers....

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
That is what cowards do. What did he find in that U/C hospital to blow it up!

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
After thinking about this, it would be about denying the Afghan Government , and the US a victory. The Taliban aren't building any hospitals for the people

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
After thinking about this, it would be about denying the Afghan Government , and the US a victory. The Taliban aren't building any hospitals for the people

The Taliban was bombed out of governance by the US and thus do have any ministerial roles in the Afghani gov't or able to approve a budget to cover Afghani defense, infrastructure, health and other expenses.

But you're right when it comes to their tactic they are trying to scare other Afghanis from working with the US.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
The Taliban was bombed out of governance by the US and thus do have any ministerial roles in the Afghani gov't or able to approve a budget to cover Afghani defense, infrastructure, health and other expenses.

But you're right when it comes to their tactic they are trying to scare other Afghanis from working with the US.
Please just ignore threads I post

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Please just ignore threads I post

Lol, I'm giving an accurate portrayal of events and it seems to be bothering you. You can put me on ignore if you want. But I'm not gonna just stop posting.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I understand, trolls have to keep posting, or else they wouldn't be trolls