Sukhoi crashes in Nashik; pilot safe | World Defense

Sukhoi crashes in Nashik; pilot safe

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
How many jets have India lost so far? We keep hearing every two to three weeks about jets crashing! It can't be technical issues all the time, something must be wrong.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
How many jets have India lost so far? We keep hearing every two to three weeks about jets crashing! It can't be technical issues all the time, something must be wrong.
I do not know how many others jets they have lost, but I do know they lost ~9-10 SU-30MKIs already. but that's because they don't take care of the logistical problems they face

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
I do not know how many others jets they have lost, but I do know they lost ~9-10 SU-30MKIs already. but that's because they don't take care of the logistical problems they face

Thats is quite a big number. Its not shameful to ask for support from Russia to have this issue sorted out.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
India has lost 264 aircrafts from 2000 to 2015

• 67 MiG-21s
  • 7 Su-30s
  • 22 MiG-27s
  • 4 An-32s
  • 1 TS-11
  • 12 MiG-23s
  • 24 Sa-315s
  • 1 Do-228
  • 14 HJT-16s
  • 7 HPT-32s
  • 18 Mil Mi-8s and Mil Mi 17s
  • 2 HJT-36s
  • 14 Chetaks
  • 1 C-130
  • 3 Ka-28s
  • 2 Mi-35s
  • 9 Sea Harriers
  • 1 Mil Mi-26
  • 19 Jaguars
  • 1 Nal Saras
  • 11 MiG-29s
  • 3 BaE Hawk 132s
  • 1 MiG-25
  • 1 BN-2 Islander
  • 2 Il-38s
  • 1 Canberra PR57
  • 10 HAL Dhruv
  • 6 Mirage 2000s

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
Thats is quite a big number. Its not shameful to ask for support from Russia to have this issue sorted out.
they could but it doesn't help the fact they mix-match their equipment, such as buying a Sukhoi then installing NATO gear/tech aboard it and it also had something do with HAL, I believe it was the fact HAL was manufacturing low level products not really putting time into building any....
it is bad enough that they are sending some of their SU-30MKIs to Russia for the "Super 30" upgrade and even having us build their SU-30MKIs.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

All the crashed SUs were assembled locally.
I think the issue is quality control at local assembly line.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
All the crashed SUs were assembled locally.
I think the issue is quality control at local assembly line.
I do agree with you, all of our other Sukhoi operators never had all these crashes and such, I do agree with what you said, but at the same time It did not help the fact, that India is mix-matching their products like I mentioned previously

Zhengzhou

Reactions
338 5 0
Country
China
India keeps losing jets for 3 particular reasonings.
1. outdated Parts/Spare Parts
2. obsolete airframes
3. Malfunctions
their MiG-21 "Bison" crashes are due to the airframes getting old and not replacing and their Sukhois are because of the technical error. some have been lost due to pilots. we will see how India takes care of these problems, because they are losing planes faster then they are buying.

Kusumo

Reactions
300 5 0
Country
Indonesia
they could but it doesn't help the fact they mix-match their equipment, such as buying a Sukhoi then installing NATO gear/tech aboard it and it also had something do with HAL, I believe it was the fact HAL was manufacturing low level products not really putting time into building any....
it is bad enough that they are sending some of their SU-30MKIs to Russia for the "Super 30" upgrade and even having us build their SU-30MKIs.

Precisely
Mixing up a Russian platform with western equipment is a very bad idea. The Indonesian Air Force are much aware of this. Which is why they chose to buy the original one and did not to follow Malaysia way. I used to having a discussion with a Malaysians in the past and he telling me how proud they are with Su-30MKM. Thrust vectoring nozzle, better radars, better avionics, can do this .. can do that..
Now, where are they?
Hangar queens?
I don't know..
In the last four years It was never heard of in the local media they flew beside on the independence day celebrations, once a year air shows and a few sorties in joint exercise with one or two countries a year. Even their own military enthusiast community also asked the same thing.
On the otherhands, Indonesia keeps flying its Sukhoi in 365 day a year either for patrols, training, fly pass, intercept, you name it.

Actually, the malaysian air force officials are aware because they have the same version with the Indian su-30MKI. Its made by Indian HAL as well. By the time after the crash when the Indian grounded their fleets for a further investigation, the malaysian also do the same for safety reasons until a solution is found.

I'm glad the indonesian governments has made the right choice.
Rather than modifying it better directly jump to the more advanced version in su-35s

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
Precisely
Mixing up a Russian platform with western equipment is a very bad idea. The Indonesian Air Force are much aware of this. Which is why they chose to buy the original one and did not to follow Malaysia way. I used to having a discussion with a Malaysians in the past and he telling me how proud they are with Su-30MKM. Thrust vectoring nozzle, better radars, better avionics, can do this .. can do that..
Now, where are they?
Hangar queens?
I don't know..
In the last four years It was never heard of in the local media they flew beside on the independence day celebrations, once a year air shows and a few sorties in joint exercise with one or two countries a year. Even their own military enthusiast community also asked the same thing.
On the otherhands, Indonesia keeps flying its Sukhoi in 365 day a year either for patrols, training, fly pass, intercept, you name it.

Actually, the malaysian air force officials are aware because they have the same version with the Indian su-30MKI. Its made by Indian HAL as well. By the time after the crash when the Indian grounded their fleets for a further investigation, the malaysian also do the same for safety reasons until a solution is found.

I'm glad the indonesian governments has made the right choice.
Rather than modifying it better directly jump to the more advanced version in su-35s

Malaysia is currently known to operate Western originated fighter planes, aircraft . so at the same time the Malaysians mix matched tech and made a bad decision, at the same time it was understandable because they have more NATO jets, also the fact was Irkut built their MKM's but HAL updates, conducts maintenance on them because they are based from MKI.
for Indonesia you guys are the opposite you guys know operating Eastern fighters are best to keep just with Russian tech aboard. though we do build planes built upon the customer's needs/wants