Sweden's fly system 2020 5th generation fighter | World Defense

Sweden's fly system 2020 5th generation fighter

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
not a post for say, maybe a discussable topic..
anyways, Sweden's SAAB is developing a 5th generation fighter known as the fly system 2020.. some say the Turkish TAI's TF-X incorporates partially designs from the FS-2020 itself while some say it doesn't.
it has been reported that SAAB is losing a lot of potential export, notably due to countries not purchasing the Gripen E/NG models.
my question is this, is it still possible for the Swedes to make the fly system 2020 a great export model that will be bought in mass by foreign air forces, or will be bought only by the Swedes and a couple others?

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
not a post for say, maybe a discussable topic..
anyways, Sweden's SAAB is developing a 5th generation fighter known as the fly system 2020.. some say the Turkish TAI's TF-X incorporates partially designs from the FS-2020 itself while some say it doesn't.
it has been reported that SAAB is losing a lot of potential export, notably due to countries not purchasing the Gripen E/NG models.
my question is this, is it still possible for the Swedes to make the fly system 2020 a great export model that will be bought in mass by foreign air forces, or will be bought only by the Swedes and a couple others?

well it varies in multiple sectors. is SAAB willing to promote the 5th gen fighter very aggressively unlike they did with the Gripen? will the 5th generation already be equipped with an AESA Radar, BVR AAM unlike compared to how they kept impressing the Gripens constantly. will SAAB have a secondary company, such as BAE help promote such a platform?
the main reason why SAAB's exports are down is because they embargoed their largest weapon buyer, the Saudis. The Saudis purchased 1/5th of SAAB's total weapon exports.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
well it varies in multiple sectors. is SAAB willing to promote the 5th gen fighter very aggressively unlike they did with the Gripen? will the 5th generation already be equipped with an AESA Radar, BVR AAM unlike compared to how they kept impressing the Gripens constantly. will SAAB have a secondary company, such as BAE help promote such a platform?
the main reason why SAAB's exports are down is because they embargoed their largest weapon buyer, the Saudis. The Saudis purchased 1/5th of SAAB's total weapon exports.

SAAB would mostly be a bit more aggressive in pursuing customers to buy their 5th gen. but the main buyers I see acquiring the SAAB 5th gen, are countries like Brazil, for one main reason: they got the TOT/Local production from the Swedes and are basically promoting it across South America, and if they win contracts they build them there in Brazil for whatever Latin countries buy. So I see Sweden promoting the 5th gen to Brazil, as well giving them TOT on it. another country I can see getting it is India, especially if they do not fix up the FGFA fiasco.

for your secondary comment, it wouldn't surprise me if they link up with a secondary source in aims of promoting export. but the question is who? Airbus, BAE? if i remember correctly, I would have to find a possible link as well, BAE was caught in the makings of bribery scandals to the current Gripen operators.

NightWolf

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
USA
The approach of the Gripen family fighters based on the following principles: simplicity, reliability, survivability and low operational price. Nevertheless, taking into consideration all the advantages, the main disadvantage of these fighters - comparatively low combat capabilities.