Syrian government accuses John McCain of entering country illegally | World Defense

Syrian government accuses John McCain of entering country illegally

KSA

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
8 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Syrian government accuses John McCain of entering country illegally

Syria’s ambassador to the UN said McCain and French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner violated Syria’s sovereignty when they entered country in 2013.

bb4439da-5375-49c9-b961-3cd77cf402b6-460x276.jpeg

The Syrian government has accused US Senator John McCain, former French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner and two others of entering the country illegally.

Syria’s UN Ambassador Bashar Ja’afari said in identical letters to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the Security Council circulated Tuesday that McCain, Kouchner, former Kuwaiti Parliament member Walid al-Tabtaba’i and former US ambassador to Croatia Peter Galbraith are among the prominent figures and journalists who violated Syria’s sovereignty by entering the country without visas.

The letter said Syria “holds the governments of the states of which these persons are nationals fully responsible for the violations” of Syrian sovereignty.

Syria called on the secretary-general and the Security Council “to put pressure on those governments to take immediately the necessary measures against their nationals who enter Syrian territory illegally.”

“The Syrian government also holds the governments of those states fully responsible for threatening the territorial integrity of Syria and for dealing with non-state armed groups and designated terrorist groups,” the letter said.

The nearly four-year Syrian conflict has claimed over 200,000 lives, displaced a third of Syria’s population, and nurtured many armed opposition groups including the Islamic State (Isis) extremist group which now rules over vast swaths of Syria and neighboring Iraq.

According to the letter, McCain entered Syria in May 2013 and “met with terrorist groups, including leaders of the Nusrah Front” which has been designated by the Security Council as an al-Qaida linked terrorist organization.

It said al-Tabtaba’i entered Syria in September 2013 and “provided money and arms to terrorists in Syria and took part in combat with them.”

Kouchner entered Syria last month and “visited a number of Syrian cities without the consent or knowledge of the Syrian government,” the letter said.

Galbraith also entered Syria last month “accompanied by three American political and military leaders,” it said.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Really? All the stuff happening in Syria and they are going to whine about a few politicians who visited the country without Visas? I might find this more interesting if there wasn't a three-way civil war going on right now in the Country.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Really? All the stuff happening in Syria and they are going to whine about a few politicians who visited the country without Visas? I might find this more interesting if there wasn't a three-way civil war going on right now in the Country.

LOL. Syria is filled of every nationality you can think of whether fighting for Assad or in the rebels side. Not to mention ISIS thugs are from everywhere.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
LOL. Syria is filled of every nationality you can think of whether fighting for Assad or in the rebels side. Not to mention ISIS thugs are from everywhere.
Thats kind of my point. Right now Syria has so many other things to worry about than a few politicians entering their country illegally. Maybe like worrying about all the radicals who are entering to fight for either ISIS or the Rebels. I doubt they would mind any that fought for their side. Do they really think that whining about a few politicians is going to make other countries more open to helping them? Pretty much anyone who would help them already is.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Thats kind of my point. Right now Syria has so many other things to worry about than a few politicians entering their country illegally. Maybe like worrying about all the radicals who are entering to fight for either ISIS or the Rebels. I doubt they would mind any that fought for their side. Do they really think that whining about a few politicians is going to make other countries more open to helping them? Pretty much anyone who would help them already is.

Indeed, but dude who cares what the child murder says? Him saying this means that he has no control anymore over the country. Another failure.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I think its pretty obvious that he has no control. The question is why as he chosen to whine about american politicians? It's pretty clear that he has his own ideals and doesn't care about the state of the country.

Sklauda1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Considering McCain's stance on illegal immigration and deportation, I hope they give him trouble. I do not think they can since he has diplomatic privileges, but I hope they do what they can do.

petesede

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I think its pretty obvious that he has no control. The question is why as he chosen to whine about american politicians? It's pretty clear that he has his own ideals and doesn't care about the state of the country.

Because his message will resonate with the people that support him already. This is a common theme in world politics, get used to it, a lot of things get said that sound ridiculous to us, but they end up being important talking points when he is dealing with people on his side of the argument.

Think about it if you are a Syrian citizen who supports your President, or better yet, imagine if the table was turned. Imagine if a politician from Russia came to the USA and had meetings with the Taliban members here.