Texas Rep. Want to Pass A Bill To Allow Teachers to Kill Students | World Defense

Texas Rep. Want to Pass A Bill To Allow Teachers to Kill Students

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
Some Texan politician wants to pass a terrible bill. Nothing new, right?

If Texas state Rep. Dan Flynn (R) gets his way, teachers will have the right to use deadly force against students in Texas classrooms, in the near future.

The Lone Star State already permits teachers to have firearms in the classroom, but H.B. 868, also known as the Teacher’s Protection Act, would authorize instructors to use “force or deadly force on school property, on a school bus, or at a school-sponsored event in defense of the educator’s person or in defense of students of the school that employs the educator.” Instructors would also have the right to use deadly force “in defense of property of the school that employs the educator.” Moreover, civil immunity would be granted to those who use deadly force, meaning they would not be liable for the injury or death of a student.

There are so many many ways this can go wrong. This idea of "protecting ourselves at all cost" is the kind that is the most sure to blow up in our faces, what with the road to hell being paved with good intentions and all...

Bill Would Allow Texas Teachers To Kill Students - NationofChange

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This is terrible news and I hope that this act is not passed. Somebody is bound to get shot by mistake. I can see some kid playing up in class, then reaching into their pocket for something, teacher thinks he's pulling a gun and BANG! I can imagine that this could lead to a whole new batch of "racial profiling" cases too.

drirrational

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Sigh. There are times when I'm ashamed to be American. Well, to be more precise, the times that I am not ashamed are far rarer. We seem to absolutely love our deadly force here. Especially in Texas. The idea of protecting oneself "at all costs" is really selfish. I really don't like the way my country is going...

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Arm the teachers but permit them not to use deadly force. We've had far too many school shootings and if it's only someone with a gun who'll stop a killer with a gun then so be it. But if the teachers aren't responsible gun owners themselves, so many guns in school would mean more shootings.

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
Singapore
Wth! How do people even come up with stuff like this? I mean ARMING TEACHERS WITH DEADLY FORCE? Seriously? And these kind of people actually get elected? Unbelievable.
Teachers are supposed to teach students, not kill them.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Of course teachers shoukd be able to protect themselves. We've had enough deranged overmedicated kids going around killing eachother. Having teachers who can and will protect themselves and their students is perfectly logical.

Coltodor

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I googled the website to make sure it wasn't a parody website. Apparently it a website with a progressive slant. Having teachers who can defend themselves don't sound like a bad idea despite the phrasing people are using.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Hey if MY kid's in a classroom, and some nut starts shooting, I sure want SOMEBODY else there with a gun! Somehow I find it unfathomable that American teachers are going to turn into Wyatt Earps and see every student as Billy the Kid.ROFL