the cross taken down to accommodate other religions | World Defense

the cross taken down to accommodate other religions

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I have never heard of something so ridiculous and the Swiss should be ashamed of themselves for taking the cross down in their churches to accommodate the other religions so that they can avoid war? take a stand and have faith in your faith because if it was a war based on that the rest of the world would win if we stood together!

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
I have never heard of something so ridiculous and the Swiss should be ashamed of themselves for taking the cross down in their churches to accommodate the other religions so that they can avoid war? take a stand and have faith in your faith because if it was a war based on that the rest of the world would win if we stood together!

You're right. The Swiss are setting themselves up for attack, collapse, or both when they show weakness toward the enemy like this. The enemy is anyone who wants to control or subvert their nation through changing its laws, harming its people, or destroying it outside or within. They need to hold on to their own rules and traditions, and not let anyone force them to change what does not need to be fixed. Other countries and religions would not even consider taking down their religious emblems or altering what they do to accomodate and appease Christians, so they should not give that type of softness of expression to others who cannot appreciate it and do not respect it. Kindness is mistaken for weakness that way, and only bad things result when people who see that try to harm them thinking they can succeed in doing so.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I haven't read that news about taking off the cross in the church. In what country is that and what relgious sect? If that is Catholic then the parish priest will receive a reprimand from the Vatican. A religion is separate from the government and wars are about governments unless this ISIS thing will pursue its stand on their jihad that they are waging a war of religion. And if that happens then it will be a direct clash of Christianity and Islam.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
I think that this has less to do with the idea of protecting other religions, and more to do with the protection from outrage culture. Too often the Western world is full of white knights who gratuitously defend minorities with lack of any class whatsoever, dead set on building protective institutions to protect minorities from offense. This is not a problem with the Swiss government or the war on terror; this is a problem with the very censorship we can face, and the brigades of offended left-wing shills that promote this activity, ignorant to the fact that they are promoting anti-Western terrorism.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Jesus wasn't put on the cross, to began with. a little respect to his status is needed in the Christen countries.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
Jesus wasn't put on the cross, to began with. a little respect to his status is needed in the Christen countries.
Can you explain what you mean by this? What constitutes as a "Christian Country," and how does giving him respect relate to the cross being censored in general? I feel like that the decisions of the cross' existence in the first place is determined a little more objectively then that.

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
Why not? As far as I'm concerned the religion of church and state argument is pretty solid and valid across every major society. And the modern Swiss population is a secular society with massive multiculturalism, and doesn't have any state religion, so it isn't a Christian/Muslim/Hindu/Buddhist country per se. Also, it is very important to note that the decision of whether to take down the cross will be based on the common public's opinion, not on the whim of a particular person.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
Why not? As far as I'm concerned the religion of church and state argument is pretty solid and valid across every major society. And the modern Swiss population is a secular society with massive multiculturalism, and doesn't have any state religion, so it isn't a Christian/Muslim/Hindu/Buddhist country per se. Also, it is very important to note that the decision of whether to take down the cross will be based on the common public's opinion, not on the whim of a particular person.
It may not be particularly written down as a certain religious country, but outrage culture always finds a way to manifest. Especially in countries like Germany and Sweden where the mainstream citizen population feel threatened by the introduction of this tongue-in-cheek "multiculturalism", it's very understandable that the very integrity of freedom for AND against religion is sought after. Any form of censorship is just wrong, and this is a clear instance of ill-advised censorship.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I don't think getting into a religious debate will get us anywhere but in the catholic religion the cross signifies that jesus died on it to save our sins, taking the cross down to keep the peace for those who are not afraid to spresd their "false religious beliefs" is a little cowardly because they should be proud of their religion and culture and if others meaning foreigners want to go into a country that they were not born in then they should respect the religious and cultural aspects of that country. shame on Switzerland for entertaining the foreigners that are insulted by the countries own beliefs as they are made to look weak when they should take a stand and those who do not like the country they have moved to should move away then!

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
I don't see how taking down the cross accommodates other religions, I'm an atheist but belief is the foundation of any religion isn't it? and even if other religions have protested and demanded the taking down of crosses, I really don't see how this solves anything.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Can you tell us the full story please.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Wasn't it in Sweden ?
This country is beyond saving BTW.

What the hell was going on? Can someone tell me what happened. Im lost.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
What the hell was going on? Can someone tell me what happened. Im lost.

If i remember,in Sweden a lesbian bishop (Yes that apparently exists) wanted to remove crosses from Churches to not offend the newly arrived. I don't know if we are talking about this or another case.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
If i remember,in Sweden a lesbian bishop (Yes that apparently exists) wanted to remove crosses from Churches to not offend the newly arrived. I don't know if we are talking about this or another case.

I doubt it's true, church is big part of cultural identity in Europe. Nobody gets offended by crosses. That's something made up by people with an anti-religion agenda. I'm agnostic myself but I don't like this idea of making things appear worse than they really are to decrease prominence of religion in society.