398px-Western_Amman_ZAHRAN.jpg

12865923354_c9207368e1_b.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We disparately need such a thread that exposes ancient Jordan, its rich culture and heritage.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Been to Aqaba and I must say that even though I find the city to be alright, those pictures make it look so much better than it really is. Then again that happens with almost all fancy "travel to this place" pictures.

Ispanico

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Denmark
Holy shit, Petra looks AMAZING, it's definitely going into my list of must-travel-to countries.

Could you tell me a bit about Jordan? Is it safe to travel there as a tourist? Do most people know English or will I have a hard time communicating? Any tips or warnings if I decide to travel there? Any recommendations for what to do while I'm there besides sightseeing?

Thanks a bunch, the photos are awesome!

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Such amazing photos. Jordan looks a lot more modern and developed than I had assumed it to be - I think seeing pictures of all the historical sights previously has clouded my judgement.

I'd also be interested to know whether it is safe to visit Jordan. I assume that the historical sites would be fine but what about the cities?

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Been to Aqaba and I must say that even though I find the city to be alright, those pictures make it look so much better than it really is. Then again that happens with almost all fancy "travel to this place" pictures.
When have you been there?

Holy shit, Petra looks AMAZING, it's definitely going into my list of must-travel-to countries.

Could you tell me a bit about Jordan? Is it safe to travel there as a tourist? Do most people know English or will I have a hard time communicating? Any tips or warnings if I decide to travel there? Any recommendations for what to do while I'm there besides sightseeing?

Thanks a bunch, the photos are awesome!
It's one of the safest countries in the ME. It's very safe and calm. Most people understand English.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
For the English thing, Aqaba is of course a more touristic place so pretty much everyone spoke good English. In fact I don't think I ever ran into anyone who didn't. I would imagine in most touristic areas around the country it's the same. And safety is not a problem. So yeah feel free to visit, nothing special to worry about!

When have you been there?

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA