The Mary Jane Veloso Case | World Defense

The Mary Jane Veloso Case

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
So after being reprieved from her death sentence, her mother is blaming the Philippines for lack of action. People are calling her family an ingrate. I don't know but I think I can't really blame her family for thinking that way. What is your opinion about it?

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Could you give us more information about this case? I am not yet familiar with what happened and I'm sure many others are not either.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Who's Mary Jane Veloso ?

upload_2015-5-10_22-0-1.png

Mary Jane Veloso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, the laws in Indonesia are very clear " death for drugs smuggling " .Many countries impose the death penalty for drug smuggling to save their people from these poisons .People should blame on themselves for breaking the rules .

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
So, the laws in Indonesia are very clear " death for drugs smuggling " .Many countries impose the death penalty for drug smuggling to save their people from these poisons .People should blame on themselves for breaking the rules .

I do not condone capital punishment at all but some countries do use it and these smugglers must have known what they were letting themselves in for. Regardless of where you come from in the world, you must always abide by the laws of the country you are in.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me for saying that the government is wasting time, effort and money to save the life of a CONVICTED drug courier. Take note, Veloso is a convicted drug courier. Instead of praying for a convicted criminal, why don't Filipinos just pray for those athletes or entertainers competing for our country? It looked like more Filipinos had prayed for that Veloso than for Manny Pacquiao who lost to Mayweather.

kjonesm1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I think Indonesian law is notoriously strict. I clearly remember the huge case with the American who was flogged for vandalism. I don't necessarily agree with their harsh laws, but as they say, "When in Rome"... It is an extremely beautiful and safe place. A person should not be smuggling drugs in the first place, but they should DEFINITELY not try it in a place known to sentence smugglers to death.