Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
The Muslim country that dislikes Iran almost as much as Israel
Posted a day ago by i100 staff in news
  • Upvote
3312-19jgycf.jpg

Marking the resumption of talks over Iran's nuclear programme, the Pew Research Centre conducted a major survey into how the world views the Islamic Republic.

More than 45,000 people were polled across 40 countries, with the end result being that a global median of 58 per cent say they have an unfavourable view of Iran, versus a positive view of 23 per cent.

A higher proportion of Israelis than any other nationality had a negative view of Iran (92 per cent), but just behind was Jordan (89 per cent), Spain and Italy (both 87 per cent).

In comparison in the US and UK the percentage of people saying they had an unfavourable view of Iran was 76 and 62 respectively.

At the other end of the spectrum, Pakistan was the only country polled where a majority of people (57 per cent) had a favourable view of Iran; one of only four countries (the others being Vietnam, Ghana and Ethiopia) to have, on balance, an overall positive view of Iran.

3312-966q65.png

Source: Pew

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-muslim-country-that-dislikes-iran-almost-as-much-as-israel--WJNewDrDfg

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder if that is because they are so close to Israel that they are afraid they will be harmed as well if airman were to starts war against Israel. I don't know enough about Jordan to know if they are a different branch of Islam that hates Iran because of their branch of Islam.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
I wonder if that is because they are so close to Israel that they are afraid they will be harmed as well if airman were to starts war against Israel. I don't know enough about Jordan to know if they are a different branch of Islam that hates Iran because of their branch of Islam.

Since I'm a Jordanian I can confirm that it's not because of Jordan proximity to Israel. It has nothing to do with that. The thing is that there are no Shia in Jordan and yet there is no Iranian influence there. Moreover, Jordanians have been observing Iranian destructive role around, that's why they dislike it.

All in all, we have seen no good in Iranian presence anywhere, and if you look what they did in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen...etc you can understand what I'm saying here.

Iran use Shia minorities to infiltrate into the countries they live in to establish for themselves a colony there, so not having Shia is a good thing.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It's good to hear an inside view. Like @DancingLady many of us aren't well versed enough to ascertain the differences between sects, and so it's helpful to hear from those who can explain the situation and reasoning behind the statistics.

@BLACKEAGLE What is your take on why the other countries have a positive view of Iran?

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
It's good to hear an inside view. Like @DancingLady many of us aren't well versed enough to ascertain the differences between sects, and so it's helpful to hear from those who can explain the situation and reasoning behind the statistics.

@BLACKEAGLE What is your take on why the other countries have a positive view of Iran?
Shia and Sunni sects had always lived in peace, most of them didn't even have a clue about the difference between Sunni and Shia. That continued until Iranian religious revolution in 1979, they vowed to topple Islamic regimes in the ME. To do that Iran has been using Shiite minorities in Muslims and Arab countries to infiltrate them. They played so evil games just to do that. For example, in Iraq, there are many reports saying that Iranian intelligence armed Qaeda extremists and pushed them to blow up Shiite mosques, and vise versa until the two sects involved in a huge bloody sectarian war, yet Iran offered itself as the protector of Shiite in Iraq and has been arming and financing them and eventually had their loyalty.In short, they practiced the strategy "divide and rule"

Whatis going on in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen and Bahrain has much to do with Iran.

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan

AbeLincoln

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Australia
If that's the case, why did Obama and Kerry consider making a deal with Iran on nuclear program which includes removing sanctions on Iran's nuclear development?!? Despite Israel's PM Netanyahu's warning of dismantling Iran's military nuclear capabilities? What is US President Obama trying to prove?

And foolish Obama's stupid agreement to a nuclear deal with Iran reflects Barack Obama as deprived of moral integrity and moral duty to United States of America. Despite the threats of the likes of Iran's Mohammad Reza Naqd and Ali Khameini : "Death to America. Annihilation and destruction of Israel is nonnegotiable"-- Obama refused to listen to PM Netanyahu's warnings at US Congress' in March.

More details here:
The unfolding farce of Obama&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];s deal with Iran | The Times of Israel
Defeatist Obama&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];s deal with the devil | The Times of Israel

Last edited:

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This thread gets me confused. I wonder why the need of that poll, taking a survey of thousands of people for their opinion about Iran? Will it do us any good to know that Jordanians hate Iran? And what if the whole world condemns a country, will that country bow down to us? Just pondering on this thread, no offense meant to the thread starter.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I am actually quite shocked about the results of this poll. Not really because their is a dislike of Iran around the globe overall, but more because of the dislike being so concentrated in the areas of Jordan and such. That is what is surprising to me, but I am glad to see it because it helps me know that not all of the countries aer alike.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
This thread gets me confused. I wonder why the need of that poll, taking a survey of thousands of people for their opinion about Iran? Will it do us any good to know that Jordanians hate Iran? And what if the whole world condemns a country, will that country bow down to us? Just pondering on this thread, no offense meant to the thread starter.
The poll reveals the regional and international dismay over Iranian regime actions.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
If that's the case, why did Obama and Kerry consider making a deal with Iran on nuclear program which includes removing sanctions on Iran's nuclear development?!? Despite Israel's PM Netanyahu's warning of dismantling Iran's military nuclear capabilities? What is US President Obama trying to prove?

And foolish Obama's stupid agreement to a nuclear deal with Iran reflects Barack Obama as deprived of moral integrity and moral duty to United States of America. Despite the threats of the likes of Iran's Mohammad Reza Naqd and Ali Khameini : "Death to America. Annihilation and destruction of Israel is nonnegotiable"-- Obama refused to listen to PM Netanyahu's warnings at US Congress' in March.

More details here:
The unfolding farce of Obama&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];s deal with Iran | The Times of Israel
Defeatist Obama&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];s deal with the devil | The Times of Israel
Obama is the worst American president ever.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Obama is the worst American president ever.

Pardon me for asking, why did you say Obama is the worst? I am just curious because some relatives of mine who are citizens of America are sending some emails against Obama. They had been sending anti-Obama emails even before Obama's reelection and until now. I have the impression that he is the most hated US president.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Pardon me for asking, why did you say Obama is the worst? I am just curious because some relatives of mine who are citizens of America are sending some emails against Obama. They had been sending anti-Obama emails even before Obama's reelection and until now. I have the impression that he is the most hated US president.
I think he is hated for his domestic policy by the US citizens and,for his foreign policy,we can include many world citizens.
When a US president says ''dont cross the red line'',the minute you cross that red line,actions will be taken.
Obama missed alot of red lines,

If Obama had acted when Assad crossed the first red line,there would never have been so many Syrian refugees,there were 100k dead at that time,now its 200k(Obama's fault).
He promised to help the Syrian people but didnt.
He caused the rise of ISIS,the Sunnis had no support to fight Assad,their only chance was to join ISIS despite knowing the objectives of ISIS,what would we have done in their place(ISIS fights back and wins)?
Now he is working together with the Iraqi government(Irans ally) to oppresse the Sunnis in Iraq,even working together with Iran(the so called enemy).
Why the fvck would the US work together with Iran?
What will happen to the Sunnis when ISIS is defeated?
Iran will own Iraq and Syria(poor Sunnis).
Obama is helping to create a Kurdish state on Syrian territory,forcing Turkiye to act(trapping),so that in the end they(US,Iran,Israel) can shape the ME the way they want it.
The Shia state of Iraq,the Alewi state of Syria,Great Kurdistan(northern Iraq,northern Syria,south eastern Turkiye),is the plan.
So all in all a Greater Iran,consisting of Iran,the Shia state of Iraq and Alewi Syria allied to Great Kurdistan
The Sunnis,Turkmens,Asyrians,arameans etc,cant say nothing cant do nothing and will get nothing.
The only way to prevent this is,for the Sunni Arab states(Jordan,KSA,GCC countries) and Turkiye to work together.
Someone asked what the relevance is of opening such a thread,well its important to know that Iran will never have a chance of infiltrating Jordan to cause sectarian violence.
The Iranian Mullahs play dirty war games,they use proxies,they never dare direct confrontations(only when attacked).
There are no angels in the ME,but we shouldnt let devils take charge.

Last edited: