The Philippines is hounded by 2 Chinas | World Defense

The Philippines is hounded by 2 Chinas

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Aside from the cold war between the Philippines and China regarding the Spratlys issue, there is this incident involving Taiwanese fishermen. It is common knowledge that Taiwanese fishermen would enter our country's waters and the coast guard would drive them away. But the other day, the incident escalated into shooting between the Taiwanese boat and the Philippine coast guard vessel. Taiwan had filed a case on this. I am monitoring this issue.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
Let me get this straight: Taiwanese fishermen enter your territory, try to gather some food, coast guard allegedly throw them away, then they come back violently? That seems not so awesome. They should stop what they're doing as soon as possible, they'll just end up being killed the very first time they will attempt doing this again, I'm sure of it.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Everybody needs to take a vacation. They can go to somewhere they have always wanted to visit, but never had the time to, relax, eat exotic food, get some sun, and start fresh in a week or so. Maybe people will calm down enough to look at all these situations with rationality and logic.

Freespirit

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think the government should just have a fee to have them enter the territory to fish. Maybe like a toll gate for the sea or something. Seriously, I am tired of the fighting. Just pay the fee then fish for an hour then go away.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I think the government should just have a fee to have them enter the territory to fish. Maybe like a toll gate for the sea or something. Seriously, I am tired of the fighting. Just pay the fee then fish for an hour then go away.
I'm in agreement with Freespirit
I think a lot of these conflicts could be resolved peacefully if they tried a little harder to act like decent people rather than territorial ankle biters.

Freespirit

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm in agreement with Freespirit
I think a lot of these conflicts could be resolved peacefully if they tried a little harder to act like decent people rather than territorial ankle biters.

Thank you for agreeing! Now if only the Philippine government can see our suggestion lol. Seriously though, this bickering thing they are doing is really taking too long. China will never ever give Spratly's Islands up. Just make some treaty that will be beneficial for both parties. The only gripe is that China will never share.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Thank you for agreeing! Now if only the Philippine government can see our suggestion lol. Seriously though, this bickering thing they are doing is really taking too long. China will never ever give Spratly's Islands up. Just make some treaty that will be beneficial for both parties. The only gripe is that China will never share.
-honestly, if a few leaders would subscribe to this forum, things would go so much more smoothly. Its just getting worse by the day because they do refuse to try to work anything out. Everyone (almost) wants everything their way with no kind of compromise.

Freespirit

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
-honestly, if a few leaders would subscribe to this forum, things would go so much more smoothly. Its just getting worse by the day because they do refuse to try to work anything out. Everyone (almost) wants everything their way with no kind of compromise.

I think that is the problem with having power, you tend to become more selfish and want to have everything. I do think China wants these islands because of the resources they can get from it. However, these resources will also be very beneficial for the Philippines.

If the two countries can share, then we both get what we want. Only, we get it in half. Which is better than nothing! If both countries have legal rights on the land then this is the best way of dealing with it.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I think that is the problem with having power, you tend to become more selfish and want to have everything. I do think China wants these islands because of the resources they can get from it. However, these resources will also be very beneficial for the Philippines.

If the two countries can share, then we both get what we want. Only, we get it in half. Which is better than nothing! If both countries have legal rights on the land then this is the best way of dealing with it.
No one seems to remember their first grade teachers teaching them to share. They had rather take 100,000 lives than share.