The Power of Putin: Russia's Beloved President | World Defense

The Power of Putin: Russia's Beloved President

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Putin seems to have a huge following by the Russian people as this news report says. But how much is propaganda and how much is truth. We all know that Putin has a strong dislike of the US and is known for speaking out against the US, but it has so far been just that... talk. Do his people support him only because of his verbal dislike of the US or is he truly good for their country?

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think, some people may have other agendas and just voting for him because he is doing things which are beneficial for him and that most are not agreeiing with him in what he does as he has not sorted out the unrest going on. He has improved the economy and the wages as well, and poverty has halved even so he has done some good things and a lot of people will want him to stay for that purpose and improve the economy. So we will have to see what happens in the coming days or weeks, and what he does and is it for the country or for himself as the right choices need to be made now.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
The way I see it, it's about 50-50 in Russia. There are people who like him because he is strong, he wants to show the world how strong Russia is... he is kind of trying to rebuild their empire. A lot of Russians think this is good.
Then there are those who see him kind of like how most of the western countries do. Pretty much a dictatorship, his opponents suddenly just "vanish", he is invading other countries etc.

So yeah there is definitely a lot of support for him, but it's also a lot of propaganda. But none of that matters, he has been in power for about 15 years now and I'd say give him at least another 15 before he steps down.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm not Russian so the least I can do is to try to imagine myself walking in a pair of Russian shoes. Perhaps the reason why many Russians are so die-hard about Putin is that he's keen to give their race a solid place in world history. There's uber nationalism in Russia - but I could be wrong. Putin was able to address this nationalistic streak and take it to whole new level. After the death of opposition leader Boris Nemtsov, I started thinking: Putin isn't really as popular as he thinks he is. There were 16,000 or so people who came to the fallen statesman’s funeral march.

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not Russian so the least I can do is to try to imagine myself walking in a pair of Russian shoes. Perhaps the reason why many Russians are so die-hard about Putin is that he's keen to give their race a solid place in world history.

As well as the incredible amount of propaganda that most Russians fall for. Certain Russians will agree with me, but most Russians are very ignorant about their own government. They don't know the fact that without Putin, they could be living more progressived lives.

Hopefully the death of Boris Nemtsov will "open" the minds of Russians and allow to realize how corrupt Putin is.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't really know how corrupt Putin is - or whether he really is as corrupt as they say. One thing's for sure, though: the guy likes to be in power. He likes to lord it above everyone else. That guy's not easy to remove but I have faith his own citizens are coming to their senses.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
The one thing about Russians is they strong believe in a strong leader and Putin portrays himself as a strong leader, and so they are following him. However, Russians are also known for their rebellious nature. So while there are those who will follow Putin blindly there are many others who see him for what he is and will move against him.

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
I have close bonds with several people from Russia, and they all seem to be strictly against Putin.