The US is encouraging Middle Eastern countries to 'step up and do more' to counter security threats | Page 2 | World Defense

The US is encouraging Middle Eastern countries to 'step up and do more' to counter security threats

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
More than anything there needs to be a concerted effort on the part of Muslims to moderate. Nothing is going to change for the better in that region of the world until the underlying problem is corrected. Until Islam forcefully confronts the extremists within the religion, of which there are many, nothing else is likely to work. We can only kill so many of them.

BigBIgFan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
In my opinion the ONLY solution to the mess in the middle east is for the regional governments to step up and take care of things on their own. As long as the U.S. and allies continue to fight terrorism for the regional governments those governments don't need to expend as much energy or resources on issues that affect them directly. Saudi Arabia and Iran, for example, will never get along if they are not dealing with each other directly.

The problem is that the regional governments aren't equipped to handle the situations they are in without help from outside, things have escalated well past their tolerance points. No reaction can be strong enough for the hardliners or merciful enough for those seeking peace. There is no middle ground so long as its controlled by the United States and outside allies.

That means bloodshed, things would get worse quickly before it got better if the United States and other countries simply withdrew all influence. Do you think they should pull out anyway and let what happens next happen? Do you think they could stay out while the body count rises?

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
It should have been done long time ago, and being told to do this is quite surprising as having security in borders and in the countries will help to fight back the ISIS who are thugs and using fear and violence and not worried about lives lost. Now is going to be the time where they make good choices which will change the country for the better and hope the secuirty is more better. I hope, that it now makes serious changes so rebels and the ISIS will not be able to invade the country.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Most middle eastern countries are part of the US-led collation against ISIS that has started months ago. To solve issue, Assad and the government of Iraq have all to step down because they are part of the problem if not the main reason behind ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
I'm for a Palestinian state, but are you seriously advocating segregating an entire nation? Based on their fucking religion?! That's some ISIS philosophy if I've ever seen any.

Where did I mention that? I'm giving you perspective of Arab nationalists. Me myself I'm no Arab nationalist and I want something else.[/QUOTE]

You said there were two camps in the Arab world and both sees Shia Muslims as a threat. Why? Because they are Shia? Because that is discriminating an entire nation based on religion. Much like ISIS views anyone who isn't Sunni as a kafir.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Where did I mention that? I'm giving you perspective of Arab nationalists. Me myself I'm no Arab nationalist and I want something else.

You said there were two camps in the Arab world and both sees Shia Muslims as a threat. Why? Because they are Shia? Because that is discriminating an entire nation based on religion. Much like ISIS views anyone who isn't Sunni as a kafir.[/QUOTE]

They see them as threat because of their actions and rhetoric. More so twelver Shias. However other Shias dont share twelver views. I understand West is shifting to Iran and therefore fond of Shia movements and militias, which scares Arab governments. But for me its not a problem as I advocate independent policy.