Time to rethink governance | World Defense

Time to rethink governance

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
Come to think of it, democracy, a pundit observed, is the worst form of governance in the absence of a better system of governance. In my opinion, the concept of government of the people by the people and for the people is vague since elective politics benefits the jerks. My take is that, a panel of experts should be appointed to vet the credentials of aspirants who should go through the rigorous selection process of an interview. It is a tragedy that the most sensitive jobs are bestowed to the most senseless and self serving individuals. This should apply particularly to the Third World. Governments should be run like corporates as opposed to social ones complete with performance evaluation and appraisal.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
What a Brave New World that would be. Will we be fed Soylent Green for a diet? Will there bee background mu sic for us to march to, so that we could be in a Peoples Democratic Lockstep? Did you miss the fact that HITLER IS DEAD, the NAZIs lost WWII!!!!!
In case you missed it, governments run like corporations is known as Fascism.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I agree with your proposal to some extent. However, it's as clear-cut as you may want it to seem to be. There are various conditionalities which might hamper the process. Sometimes the really credible people are unwilling to be directly involved in politics. The other consideration is what would cause you to believe that running a country like a corporation would be a better fit. Many corporate leaders a mostly insensitive to the needs of the public and are only interested in their bottom line, a situation like this would be no better than what currently prevails. I refer you to the situation where a CEO of a major Japanese car manufacturer has constantly made false reports on the performance of the vehicles that his company manufactures. This is the way many corporate leaders operate.

Last edited: