Top weapons importers | World Defense

Top weapons importers

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
India, Saudi Arabia, China, UAE and Pakistan are the top weapons importers in the world and the question can be raised, give the amount of money they invest in the industry, what's the influence they have in the selling countries economies?

Saudi, UAE Influence Grows With Purchases

635624417864371886-464109710.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia and UAE are heavily militarized countries. Weapons everywhere.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
All the region is like that Scorpion, I feel that they have the need for so many weapons to defend their oil?

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Middle Eastern countries always import weapons. Because most of them are in war. For example are Syria and other countries out there. They are also near to the IS groups and i guess that makes it dangerous.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
They are in permanent war, something that makes no sense to me. Israel, Syria and quite a few others. I imagine that those populations never knew what peace is and that is a little scary.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
They are in permanent war, something that makes no sense to me. Israel, Syria and quite a few others. I imagine that those populations never knew what peace is and that is a little scary.
Long before Modern weapons have been created, war is still there in terms of territorial disputes. Tracing back history, there is already a competition in Power and the Richness of a country. We could trace back the slavery before. I do agree with you, true peace is hard to attain on those countries, it is merely the country of war - a war zone

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I have underestimated the UAE. I didn't expect the country to be deeply involved in importing weapons. It used to strike me as an economic powerhouse with a lukewarm military. The presence of ISIS, Boko Haram and other faceless enemies has perhaps given UAE enough cause to be on their guard. SA has already proven its military might so it being a top weapons importer does not really surprise me. I'm not surprised about China and Pakistan too. China needs to impress the world while Pakistan, a known nuclear-capable country, has since invested in the arms industry.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Long before Modern weapons have been created, war is still there in terms of territorial disputes. Tracing back history, there is already a competition in Power and the Richness of a country. We could trace back the slavery before. I do agree with you, true peace is hard to attain on those countries, it is merely the country of war - a war zone

That is why I do wonder, when does war cease to be defense and passes to be a permanent condition. And if it is a permanent condition, what's the point? Is it really worth to live in war generation after generation?

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Selling military equipment is nothing new. If someone is willing to buy, someone will sell. There is a good chance most of it is for showing off, and hypothetical use. Of course some will be sold to the wrong people, but that is the price of doing business. Sell sell sell is the motto of war.