Tow Saudi border guards killed in attack | World Defense

Tow Saudi border guards killed in attack

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
370606.png

Attackers have killed two Saudi Arabian border guards and injured another near the country's border with Iraq in a shooting and suicide assault, the Saudi Interior Ministry said.

The attackers opened fire on a border patrol near the city of Arar on early on Monday, the ministry said.

When security officers responded, one of the two attackers was captured and detonated an explosives belt, the ministry added in a brief statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

It said the other attacker was killed by security forces

Saudi border guards killed in attack - Al Jazeera English

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Unfortunate incident but it's a wake up call for Saudi Arabia. Fact is some wealthy Saudi Arabians had been funding a number of terrorist organizations and the Saudi Arabian government turned a blind eye on their actions. Now that Daesh is turning its attention to Saudi Arabia and is counting on extremist elements within the borders to "start a war" IMO this will force the security agencies to find out who sympathizes with the terrorists, find out whatever is being planned and avoid a lot of problems. Daesh's tactics for taking Saudi Arabia down apparently are quite different:
Why ISIS Wants Saudi Arabia, But The Kingdom May Be The Islamic State's Most Difficult Acquisition
[Baghdadi] . . . wants ISIS' Saudi supporters to deteriorate the government from inside the country, helping to erode support for the monarchy and convince people that it is in their interest to pledge allegiance to the caliphate.
The jihadists are getting reckless and their attempt to take over Saudi Arabia will be the end of them [which will be a good thing for the world].

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Unfortunate incident but it's a wake up call for Saudi Arabia. Fact is some wealthy Saudi Arabians had been funding a number of terrorist organizations and the Saudi Arabian government turned a blind eye on their actions. Now that Daesh is turning its attention to Saudi Arabia and is counting on extremist elements within the borders to "start a war" IMO this will force the security agencies to find out who sympathizes with the terrorists, find out whatever is being planned and avoid a lot of problems. Daesh's tactics for taking Saudi Arabia down apparently are quite different:
Why ISIS Wants Saudi Arabia, But The Kingdom May Be The Islamic State's Most Difficult Acquisition

The jihadists are getting reckless and their attempt to take over Saudi Arabia will be the end of them [which will be a good thing for the world].

True that however, that was way in the past. Now Saudi Arabia has severely cracked down on all those private funding that were meant to go for the moderate rebels of Syria but somehow ended up in the wrong hands. Same mistake during the afghan war. ISIS sympathizers in Saudi Arabia are very very small in number and the government has taken lot measures to ensure that those few are under grip.

Saudi Arabia is part of the US led-coalition against ISIS. Only four fighters are participating in the airstrikes. With this incident happing, I would assume that Saudi Arabia will push hard that we might see a squadron or two added to the current to speed up the operation in eradicating those assholes.

RIP.

My condolences to their families.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
The pictures are so graphic. But when you're just sitting on your desk, far removed from the scene of carnage, it takes time for reality to sink in. Still, my deepest condolences. Those soldiers risked their lives to keep their country safe. Even though it's difficult to accept, I hope their families would take comfort in that fact. I never would have expected Saudi Arabia to be attacked that way. I guess after joining forces with the US and other anti-ISIS countries, they're now included in the list of ISIS' to-be-annihilated targets. Sooner or later, that wannabe terrorist coalition would rue the day they wasted lives.