Toyota's Trucks in ISIS propaganda | World Defense

Toyota's Trucks in ISIS propaganda

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
U.S. Treasury is investigating currently the world supply chains and capital flow in the Middle East, and more particularly, the supply chain of the Toyota cars, and more especially trucks. Why? Because they are seen a lot in propaganda videos of ISIS. Basically, the question is: How ISIS had succeeded to got so many Toyota trucks? After all, they're not the richest organization we know.

Toyota wanted to be reassuring by saying it is only part of a broader investigation about the supply chains/capital flow in the Middle East, also saying they will fully cooperate with the government on these question.
But, honestly, I am not that sure that it is only U.S. Treasury that does the inquiry. I wonder if not someone in the military world didn't discovered it and asked for an investigation through Treasury.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
I saw that about ISIS and the trucks. It is one of the things that caught my attention. How did Isis get the funding to purchase Toyota vehicles in the first place? Is Russia supplying these? I hope not. They are supposed to be opposed to ISIS.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
From a layman's point of view, ISIS cannot survive without resources so like any movement, they have sponsors who supply them with their needs. As the saying goes, soldiers cannot fight on an empty stomach so aside from food supplies ISIS is also provided with ammunition and equipment. Now the question is who are those groups or countries that are sponsoring ISIS?

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well Toyota is the biggest selling brand worldwide and it is also cheaper than many others so therefore the terrorist will have these vehicles in their fleet.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS is the wealthiest terrorist group and I'm certain that they have the money to buy Toyota trucks if they want to. The terrorist organizations total worth is well over $2 Billion. Can't afford to buy anything they want?

Who are the middlemen who procure the trucks for ISIS? That, is the question that needs to be answered.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt that there's anything sinister in this - Toyota is a globally popular brand which is easy to obtain. I doubt for one minute that they have some sort of deal going with ISIS.

Their funding mainly comes from donors so it would be very easy for them to just go out and buy them.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I highly doubt they are getting these Toyota trucks straight off of the car lot. They are most likely procuring them from others I would guess as the Toyota trucks are hardly in short supply around the regions because they are very popular out there.

To think that a deal was signed between Toyota and ISIS is pretty laughable.