Turkey and Russian blame America and France for Charlie Hebdo | World Defense

Turkey and Russian blame America and France for Charlie Hebdo

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
According to this article I just read, the Turkish and Russian governments are blaming the US and French governments for the massacre. They are saying that the US and French governments were the ones who massacred the people and blamed it on the Islamist? How they came to this conclusion is beyond me... what would be our motive for such a move. I would understand if we bombed a large area with thousands of people and tried to make it look like a terrorist attack but 12 people at a magazine office? I am trying to wrap my head around their claim and understand how they came to this conclusion but I am drawing a complete blank.

Turkish President's Stunning Outburst: The French Are Behind The Charlie Hebdo Massacre; Mossad Blamed

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Okay, this is the strangest accusation. Why would we do this to our own people? I guess I am in the same boat you are in trying to wrap my head around this reasoning. And there were several different places where people were killed and they were all linked. Other countries have taken claim for the attacks like a badge of pride. Turkey jumping in like this is just causing world confusion and makes very little sense.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
:confused: When I first read the article several things came to mind... knowing how governmental entities work, if the US and the French government were behind the attack they would not have chosen a magazine to target. They would chose a target that would insight both a mass anger towards the group being blamed and one that would eliminate a possible threat. The Charlie Hebdo as far as I can tell posed no threat of any kind and they did not pose a mass rally against the Islamic state by being targeted. It only ticked off the French citizens and even then it was a small group, it did not have a major worldwide impact. Besides, mass majority of the world is already anti-Islamist, what would have been the motivation? An attack like this would insight more distrust and anger towards Muslims in general which would cause more issues for the governments... why would they want that headache? I think that the Turkish and Russian Governments are trying to do as you said they are doing, to create confusion. That confusion would distract everyone from what is truly happening... but what is their agenda behind this? Are they doing something they are trying to hide and so they create this confusion to turn our heads away long enough for them to complete their goal? OH GOD! :eek: I sound like a conspiracy theorist! ^(0 '_' 0)^ Excuse me while I go wash my brain out with soap. LOL :p

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The Russians and Turks like to blame USA for everything. It is a good way to distract their own people from a poor economy and declining oil prices. I find it highly doubtful the USA and France are behind these attacks.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Of course they aren't. Why would they... we... or whatever. There is no motive, no gain from attacking a bunch of journalist at a magazine. And what do terrorist have against journalist anyway. They seem to be their prime target of late. What they can't stand truth being told??? Maybe it is just me... it is all over my head.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon this is a blame game and deciding to blame others for the problems, being faced at present which will cause tension and the terrorists don't want to hear the truth and try to get rid of the one saying it. I think responsibility should be taken, and not blame other countries for the bad economy in their own country to get people to change minds. I think they are doing something against their own people and trying to get them to hate USA to hide their own flaws and will just cause more problems.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Question is what would the U.S and France gain from the Charlie Hebdo attacks? Would those making the accusation say that the intention was to make Islam look bad? Hasn't ISIS done that already? I wouldn't expect less from Turkey and Russia though.