Turkey Launches Deadly Airstrikes Against Syrian Forces | Page 5 | World Defense

Turkey Launches Deadly Airstrikes Against Syrian Forces

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Sorry my friend but this is our history and we know it.

This is not history but ahadeeth and scholarly interpretation of them, some of which from your scholars or scholars from the first era who we all look up to as reliable scholars.

You can dispute about Ottoman Empire, but don't say the Prophet said Caliph has to be from Quryash since i can't find anything like that in ahadeeth.

As for legitimacy of Caliphates, I don't know what we mean by 'legitimacy' since it is just a form of government. Whoever forced their way could take it over or declare one by theirselves. As we know after the first four Caliphs the Caliphate system was exploited and people just wanted power from there on. Many of those being Arabs people who were not sincere about God or Islam.

So 'legitimate' Caliphate doesn't make sense since anyone with power could take it over or do a coup and so on. This is why the Prophet(SAW) made distinction between regular Caliphate(just regular empire) or Caliphate on the path of prophethood, which is a Caliphate led by a very righteous and just person which God approves of to rule over people. For me personally I don't care about empires but doesn't mean I hate them or the people that formed them. But only thing stands out to me is someone who is obedient and righteous ruling Muslims which will make a difference and we will see and understand why Allah(SWT) told us to observe the right path and how it will brings his blessings to us if we do.

Anyway I think you should keep your dispute with Turkey/Erdogan aside for this case because it is not related to disputes you guys have together. Some Muslims support Turks here because they feel Syrians have been oppressed, doesn't mean they see Erdogan as amazing Muslim or his party. And we don't need to talk about Ottoman Empire.

Let's stick to topic since it is very crucial period in Syrian conflict and may develop into bigger war that will affect whole region.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Syrian army plus Iranian supported militias are trying to make a push in Saraqeb with some air support coming from Russian warplanes it appears. Rebels still control much of the town and are now trying to repel the offensive.

Russians seem more active today in attacking the rebels and rebel held areas. So Turks targeting the Syrian army and Russians targeting the rebels while both try to achieve their objectives without getting entangled into war with each other.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I have read similar things to what Scorpion is saying about the khalifa being from the Quraysh tribe. So he might not be wrong.

Although yes the issue here is how to save the syrians and supporting those who protect them.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Reports that Turkey used 'Bora' ballistic missile system to target Syrian Air Defense(Pantsir) in Saraqeb.

Turkish Defense Ministry announces one Turkish soldier killed, ten others injured today in shelling on Idlib outposts.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Reports that Turkey used 'Bora' ballistic missile system to target Syrian Air Defense(Pantsir) in Saraqeb.

Turkish Defense Ministry announces one Turkish soldier killed, ten others injured today in shelling on Idlib outposts.

That last Pantsir was destroyed by a Turkish UCAV.

Bora Balistic Missiles used against Syrian OTR-21 which was targetting a Turkish Base.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan

Bora Balistic Missiles used against Syrian OTR-21 which was targetting a Turkish Base.

I pray Russian weapon sales take a beating.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I pray Russian weapon sales take a beating.

The pantsirs were sitting duck in Syria. The most stupid overrated system. I can believe once I had some respect for the system. The UAE did some modifications to it and it did operate well in Yemen. apparently the ones Assad/Russia operate in Syria has faulty radar.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
The pantsirs were sitting duck in Syria. The most stupid overrated system. I can believe once I had some respect for the system. The UAE did some modifications to it and it did operate well in Yemen. apparently the ones Assad/Russia operate in Syria has faulty radar.
The thing is, essentially there is nothing wrong with Russian Air defence systems, however Turkish Army is employing serious Electronic Jamming to these systems, hence blinding their radars.

Israel employs different tactics.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country

Thanks a lot for the clarification Sinan and nice to see you here. Hope you guys post a little more here. :)

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The thing is, essentially there is nothing wrong with Russian Air defence systems, however Turkish Army is employing serious Electronic Jamming to these systems, hence blinding their radars.

Israel employs different tactics.

Were not the systems targeted by UAVs?

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Thanks a lot for the clarification Sinan and nice to see you here. Hope you guys post a little more here. :)
Thanks, bro. This latest drone operation of Turkey draw lots of attention from the world as it was first time in history for Drones to be used against a conventional army with a great effect. So, i was looking at the articles at google and saw/remember this forum.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Were not the systems targeted by UAVs?
In Turkey's case, Drones strike these targets with smart micro munitions while their radars had been blinded with Jamming.

In Israels case; They are either using Harpy Suicide drones or Delilah anti-radiation missiles. Harpy Drone goes and physically hits the target and explodes.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks, bro. This latest drone operation of Turkey draw lots of attention from the world as it was first time in history for Drones to be used against a conventional army with a great effect. So, i was looking at the articles at google and saw/remember this forum.

Can you tell us about the same drone being non-effective in Lybia? Or this news isn't accurate?

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Can you tell us about the same drone being non-effective in Lybia? Or this news isn't accurate?
Nope, i can't say anything. Defence ministry shares nothing about the operations (if there are any) in Libya.

Erdogan says, there are minimal Turkish troop presence in Libya for training&advising purposes.

But i wanna stress out that operations in Syria involving many elements, like Koral EW systems, ANKA-I elint/sigint drones, UCAVs, spy satellites, AWACs, and all working in harmony via network centric system. That's why Turkish Drones are so effective in Syria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish, Erdogan could come to his senses, pulls Turkey out of this conflicts, and make peace with countries like Syria, Israel, Egypt, UAE and we need to improve relationship with US and EU. Erdogan likes to create foreign enemies and gather political support around him.