Turkey summons US ambassador over Syrian Kurdish forces spat

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Turkey summons US ambassador over Syrian Kurdish forces spat

ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey has summoned the U.S. ambassador to "convey unease" a day after the U.S. State Department spokesman said that, unlike Turkey, Washington doesn't recognize Syrian Kurdish forces as "terrorists."

The issue has strained ties between the two allies and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan even called on Washington to choose between Turkey and the Kurdish Democratic Union Party, or PYD, as its partner.

A Foreign Ministry official said Ambassador John Bass was called to the ministry on Tuesday where a senior Turkish official expressed Ankara's concerns. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because she wasn't authorized to make public statements.

U.S. State Department spokesman John Kirby said Monday: "We don't, as you know, recognize the PYD as a terrorist organization. We recognize that the Turks do."

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Another issue concerning Syria but involving other countries. I have read before that Turkey's main interest in Syria is the Kurds as an ethnic group. I don't know the history of their bickerings but it is clear to me that Turkey's armed forces is aimed at the Kurdish forces in Syria. Now there is friction between Turkey and US for that rash statement of the US ambassador about the Syrian Kurdish forces.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
Another issue concerning Syria but involving other countries. I have read before that Turkey's main interest in Syria is the Kurds as an ethnic group. I don't know the history of their bickerings but it is clear to me that Turkey's armed forces is aimed at the Kurdish forces in Syria. Now there is friction between Turkey and US for that rash statement of the US ambassador about the Syrian Kurdish forces.
There is plenty of shameless evidence on Turkey's part that they have been pouring money and resources into supporting IS forces in Syria. Just the fact that they are willing to do this to suppress the Kurds is just horrible and really speaks of them as a country. Guess they haven't changed since the 20's.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
There is plenty of shameless evidence on Turkey's part that they have been pouring money and resources into supporting IS forces in Syria. Just the fact that they are willing to do this to suppress the Kurds is just horrible and really speaks of them as a country. Guess they haven't changed since the 20's.

The U.S isn't that far either. Al-Qaeda, Taliban Afghanistan, Israel the Iraqi central government who is ethnically cleansing its people are all terrorist and the U.S has been their biggest support. Turkey doesn't suppress the Kurds, they are few separatists that want to split the country apart and Turkey reserve the right to protect its sovereignty against anyone. Redrawing the ME map is not going to work. You guys need to give it a rest.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I guess,you know Turkiye and the Turks.
Btw,what happened in the 20's,please inlighten us?

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Armenian genocide.
Arent you ashamed of yourself knowing that you dont know sh!t and still claim things?
Did you do some research on the events that took place in the 1920's in my country Turkiye?
Im guessing you just heard about some events and thought it would make you smart huh?
Do some research instead of listening to others.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Arent you ashamed of yourself knowing that you dont know sh!t and still claim things?
Did you do some research on the events that took place in the 1920's in my country Turkiye?
Im guessing you just heard about some events and thought it would make you smart huh?
Do some research instead of listening to others.

Difference of opinion...maybe the guy is Armenian. I would have hoped by now both sides got over these conflicts of the past. We gain nothing by pondering over them.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Difference of opinion...maybe the guy is Armenian. I would have hoped by now both sides got over these conflicts of the past. We gain nothing by pondering over them.
Bro,you didnt get it,these so called events if ever,happened in 1915(1920s?),it was a deportation.
So he doesnt know sh!t about nothing when he doesnt even have the decade right.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
Bro,you didnt get it,these so called events if ever,happened in 1915(1920s?),it was a deportation.
So he doesnt know sh!t about nothing when he doesnt even have the decade right.
Okay, pal.

1. I think you're allowed to curse over the internet.
2. Alright, sure, I didn't get the decade right...But if you're so sure about the decade, how are you sure that it never happened?

I'm not Armenian, but the Turkish government is horrible. There is clear evidence that they have a bias against the Kurds and have supported ISIS financially while not even being subtle about it.

By the looks of your profile, I'm going to assume you're a Turkish shill looking to endlessly defend your ignorance.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines

There was news on tv the other night that said Turkey has sent a big contingent in Syria to fight the rebel forces of the Kurds. But the news did not say anything about siding with the ISIS and there was no mention of the ISIS at all. Is the US with Turkey in this move? I believe that the US is against the Syrian president and they tend to ally with Turkey (which has a misunderstanding with Russia's war planes over their air space).

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
There was news on tv the other night that said Turkey has sent a big contingent in Syria to fight the rebel forces of the Kurds. But the news did not say anything about siding with the ISIS and there was no mention of the ISIS at all. Is the US with Turkey in this move? I believe that the US is against the Syrian president and they tend to ally with Turkey (which has a misunderstanding with Russia's war planes over their air space).
The US basically has no other choice but to turn a blind eye, and the Kurds are the main and currently most competent fighting force in the Middle East right now other than the armed forces of Jordan. If the US condemns Turkey, they will loose their regional in-nation military bases and missile emplacements if I recall correctly.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
The US basically has no other choice but to turn a blind eye, and the Kurds are the main and currently most competent fighting force in the Middle East right now other than the armed forces of Jordan. If the US condemns Turkey, they will loose their regional in-nation military bases and missile emplacements if I recall correctly.

Jordan and Kurds are the most competent fighting force in ME.∫øø§

Where did Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE go.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines

It is good you mentioned Jordan. I seem to have forgotten it as a force to reckon with. There was a time I was imagining that Jordan and Turkey would join forces to annihilate ISIS and although I was wrong on that presumption, I still believed that ISIS would have been banished if it happened. I remember the king of Jordan got angry last year and promised to beat the hell out of ISIS. And it appeared that everyone was quiet.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I remember the king of Jordan got angry last year and promised to beat the hell out of ISIS.
Jordan still is [I presume] a part of the U.S-led coalition that is supposed to be fighting ISIS. Strange thing is after vowing to wage a "relentless" war against ISIS, 56 airstrikes later Jordan felt they'd avenged their fallen pilot and that "relentless war" came to an abrupt end.