TwInvis detects F-35 at 150km | World Defense

TwInvis detects F-35 at 150km

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Summery: Germany is looking for best replacement for Tornadoes of the Luftwaffe.
Available options are Eurofighter, F-15, F-18 and F-35.
Two F-35 were sent to Germany. TwInvis with passive electromagnetic beams detects F-35 at 150km.

German source
English source

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Summery: Germany is looking for best replacement for Tornadoes of the Luftwaffe.
Available options are Eurofighter, F-15, F-18 and F-35.
Two F-35 were sent to Germany. TwInvis with passive electromagnetic beams detects F-35 at 150km.

German source
English source

I wouldn't buy too much into that story. Aircrafts flying to air shows have their transponders on, and radar reflectors attached to fuselages.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
I wouldn't buy too much into that story. Aircrafts flying to air shows have their transponders on, and radar reflectors attached to fuselages.
Yes they detected F-35 from airshow, but German source is just mentioning the testing, no airshow.
Have read the English one now.

Last edited:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Which airshow? who mentioned any airshow there?
They detected them leaving an air show, they set up in some farm field. But yes they can be detected, they can even be seen with the naked eye, but the problem is getting a weapons grade radar lock, big difference.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
They detected them leaving an air show, they set up in some farm field. But yes they can be detected, they can even be seen with the naked eye, but the problem is getting a weapons grade radar lock, big difference.
The English source is mentioning it?

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
it's an old story that pops up every now and again
I only read the German story. May be the English one, I posted is incorrect source, haven't read it.
German is about testing of aircrafts for Luftwaffe.
Story is from end of 2018.

Last edited:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
yea, even if they find a way, or powerful enough computer to get a weapons lock in this manner, it's just going to mean that any powerful transmitters are going to be cruise missile targets. Without powerful transmissions from some source, there is no detection in this manner.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Even if they do, unless the radar can be mounted on a jet or used in a junction with anti-aircraft system to fire at the f-35.