U.S. Army needs soldiers but is challenged to find qualified recruits | World Defense

U.S. Army needs soldiers but is challenged to find qualified recruits

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
BROOKFIELD, Wis. —
The U.S. Army is expanding, and it is looking to Wisconsin to help fill approximately 90,000 active and reserve duty roles by the end of September.
The commanding general for the U.S. Army Recruiting Command, on his first tour of Wisconsin, stopped by the recruiting station in Brookfield to meet with recruiters from the Milwaukee area.

"I'm able to share some thoughts, but I also learn from them," Maj. Gen. John Snow said.
The Milwaukee Battalion hopes to enlist 1,800 soldiers toward that goal. So far, local recruiters have enlisted 950 men and women.
"One of the challenges that's been fairly consistent is that only three in 10 can meet the qualifications to serve," Snow said.
Those qualifications include cognitive and physical fitness, and Snow said there are no plans to ease up on entry requirements.
"If it comes down to a number or quality, we're going to make sure we meet the quality even if we fall short of on our number," Snow said.
Interested men and women could earn as much as $40,000 in bonuses.
Future soldiers such as Waukesha West High School graduate Hunter Hwilka are giving the Army hope as it expands.
"I'm hoping to make a full career out of it and put in a good bit of time and learn a lot and basically be able to come out of the Army and do whatever I want," Hwilka said.

http://www.wisn.com/article/us-army...hallenged-to-find-qualified-recruits/20966687