U.S. rules out cooperation with Russia over Syria? | World Defense

U.S. rules out cooperation with Russia over Syria?

SLTE

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Canada
'The United States on Wednesday ruled out military cooperation with Russia in Syria's war, accusing Moscow of pursuing a "tragically flawed" strategy that would force it to limit military talks to basic pilot safety.

U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter's critique amounted to a rebuff of Russia, which had sought greater coordination as Moscow escalates its military role in support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"We are not prepared to cooperate in a strategy, which as we explained, is flawed - tragically flawed - on the Russians' part," Carter told a news conference during a trip to Rome.' Reuters

I'm all for not following a flawed strategy, but it sounds like the two biggies are butting heads again. Seems like they can't do anything but butt heads these days.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
I think the real thing behind this is the inability to trust Russian leadership and an uncertainity what their true motives are. Putin and his allies are anything but trustworthy. His overall master plan may be to achieve world domination. Who knows? the man is a control freak.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I don't see why they shouldn't work together. All the world wants is to see the end of ISIS. The rebels who've been fighting Assad should also join the fight against ISIS and afterwards once the savages are driven out of Syria, they could hold peace talks with Assad, form a coalition government, hold elections and the Syrian people would then choose who they want to be their president.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
The cold war is still on so I guess this thread's title is what it is. There's no denying that Russia and US seem to be monitoring each other and trying to find fault. But in fairness to Russia, if it was seeking cooperation with the US, at least that is a good sign. And with Russia's full scale offensive against the Syrian rebels, I am hoping they would find success and deal with the prime minister later.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it's a great shame that the two forces are not prepared to work together on this, and now it has created a rather dangerous situation which could result in "friendly fire" incidents. I just hope that sooner than later a common ground or mutual understanding can be found to prevent anything that could be seen as a provocation to the others military.