111 1 0
Country
Philippines

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Yes, it's a small victory for the United Forces. However, these groups are like the snake goddess with many heads you cut off one head and another takes its place. There is no shortage of fanatics who would want to be at the controls to cause mayhem and devastation.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think anytime we hear of things like this then even though it's good news, like @explorerx7 says they will always have somebody else to step up and take their place.

Small, short term victories like this aren't going to affect them all that much in the long term, and while they might be satisfying to hear about, I'm not sure they're causing all that much damage to the organisation itself.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Even if others take his place, I still celebrate victories such as this one. I am always happy to hear of terrorists being stopped and their efforts thwarted. It's good to hear an affirmation that ISIS is losing ground, but it seems to be taking longer than any of us thought it would when this began. In addition to stopping the militants from fighting, the issue of radicalization needs to be addressed, and efforts need to be enacted to stop that from happening.

This quote from @Corzhens' article sounds very positive: "Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced al-Qaduli’s death, describing him as the group’s top financier" because without funding, the group will be unable to meet its financial obligations, which will tend to de-legitimize it, and hopefully lead to its ultimate demise.

Read more at U.S. says it killed key Isis commander, reaffirms group is losing ground | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Even if others take his place, I still celebrate victories such as this one. I am always happy to hear of terrorists being stopped and their efforts thwarted. It's good to hear an affirmation that ISIS is losing ground, but it seems to be taking longer than any of us thought it would when this began. In addition to stopping the militants from fighting, the issue of radicalization needs to be addressed, and efforts need to be enacted to stop that from happening.

This quote from @Corzhens' article sounds very positive: "Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced al-Qaduli’s death, describing him as the group’s top financier" because without funding, the group will be unable to meet its financial obligations, which will tend to de-legitimize it, and hopefully lead to its ultimate demise.

Read more at U.S. says it killed key Isis commander, reaffirms group is losing ground | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

It IS something to celebrate, but I just don't think that these small victories are making much of an impact. We kill one and another one or even two step in to take their place.

It makes me wonder if there is ever going to be an end to this war on terror, and if there isn't, what exactly is going to be the likely outcome for our future generations?