UAE and Saudi Foreign Minister meet PM Imran Khan | World Defense

UAE and Saudi Foreign Minister meet PM Imran Khan

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Foreign Ministers of UAE and Saudia both met the Prime Minister Imran Khan in a joint meeting. What do you guys this about this meeting. Was this meeting just to pacify the Pakistani govt after Modi's visit to both the countries or was there some important message delivered? @Khafee @Scorpion

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Foreign Ministers of UAE and Saudia both met the Prime Minister Imran Khan in a joint meeting. What do you guys this about this meeting. Was this meeting just to pacify the Pakistani govt after Modi's visit to both the countries or was there some important message delivered? @Khafee @Scorpion

I was contemplating, what to say, and what not to say, then I saw this. At this critical juncture in time, this meeting was a very big statement on its own.

ISLAMABAD, 4th September 2019 (WAM) - Adel Al Jubeir, Minister of state for Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia and UAE’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, held today in Islamabad trilateral talks with Shah Qureshi, Pakistan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, discussing the latest developments in the region and the world.

The visit came to strengthen the Saudi-Pakistan and UAE-Pakistan bonds of friendship and to reflect the depth of the historical and strategic relations.

Following the meeting with Pakistan’s Foreign Minister, Al Jubeir and Sheikh Abdullah have met with Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan.

They conveyed to him their respective leaderships’ keenness to expand the historical and strategic relations with Pakistan to broader horizons.

They concluded the visit with a meeting separately with General Qamar Jaived Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan. During the meeting they discussed with him the latest developments in the region and the world.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The meeting with Gen Qamar was the real thing, this is what I am interested in.
Well you know that has to come from ISPR (:-)

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
In my wild imagination, next phase of resolving the Kashmir issue was discussed, they appear to be mediators between the two, both (Pakistan and India) have to maintain a tough posture to please their people and still workout a solution.

Ghessan

Reactions
242 7 0
Country
Pakistan
extensive diplomacy efforts were seen on Kashmir issue since many days and gaining momentum. it is tangible and felt, although media gurus are shouting every night sitting on the tv channels in Pakistan and belittling the efforts. we do not realize the backlash of past two regimes one with compromised diplomacy and the other fell down the drain giving open ground to India which quite effectively tarnish the image and help lower the stature and standing of Pakistan in international theater.

this development is a good step in right direction, although UAE and SA have great "interests" in India. their ministers did not fell to the pressure put by Pakistan to speak their language but would have suggested to mediate and help resolve the issue.

"interests" can be a very impressive tool to steer things to the right direction.
hence Pakistan must play good taking these two countries on board and maneuver forcing them to use their influence on India which has great effect in the form of investments, Indian workforce, imports from India and obviously oil and OPEC.

besides yesterday DG ISPR press briefing once again, although people were expecting don't know what out of it, but gave a sense of security to the common Pakistani (particularly answering to the question arose) that i do not consider big.
but an affiliation that was expressed by the DG while quoting PM several times was giving a message across the border as India has not many times face such a united stance in the past during tension times.

there are several other moves that will come handy in the coming days, for example a visit by PM to Air Head Quarters with his team has stir some circles particularly in US. those moves will put pressure but the thing is Pakistan must be very active on diplomacy front and can't sit by saying they have done enough.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Saudi Arabia and UAE can use the economy card with India to defuse the escalation in Kashmir. Probably gather the Arab world to put pressure on the intl community.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia and UAE can use the economy card with India to defuse the escalation in Kashmir. Probably gather the Arab world to put pressure on the intl community.

I don't think Saudi or UAE see Kashmir as some major issue, they have very mysterious and strange fondness for Indians, Indians too have this strange love for them. However, to be honest its Pakistan's diplomatic failure that we haven't been able to tell (at least) the Muslim countries that India having a significant Muslim minority doesn't automatically mean that it respects their freedom too. Most Muslim countries are still deceived by this facade, and plus Pakistan's failure to let the world know that it's no more a bilateral issue, because Indians have practically discontinued any talks or major relations with Pakistan, to the extent that they even politicized the sports.

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't think Saudi or UAE see Kashmir as some major issue, they have very mysterious and strange fondness for Indians, Indians too have this strange love for them. However, to be honest its Pakistan's diplomatic failure that we haven't been able to tell (at least) the Muslim countries that India having a significant Muslim minority doesn't automatically mean that it respects their freedom too. Most Muslim countries are still deceived by this facade, and plus Pakistan's failure to let the world know that it's no more a bilateral issue, because Indians have practically discontinued any talks or major relations with Pakistan, to the extent that they even politicized the sports.

We need to understand that this Our Issue... a simple logic is why would jump in to help us?

What is in it for them?

Kashmir is a great Differentiator and it is sucking everyone in... if/when we fight for Kashmir it is going to be our fight... so expecting others to compromise their national interests on our behalf is childish at best.

If as nuclear power and with one of the world's best armed forces we cann't do anything about Our Own Problem ....then how can someone come and help us?

Time to come of age and become Mature in Statecraft!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
What you fail to understand is why? India has very close economic relationship with Iran, and that is being diverted now. Pakistan is on another level.

This statement is crystal clear and removes any ambiguity as to where KSA & UAE stand.

Secondly, Pakistani media has been busy misconstruing the visit. Here it is in the Pakistani Foreign Ministers own words:

He had confirmed that the two ministers had agreed to visit Islamabad on Pakistan government’s request. “We contacted the two foreign ministers and they are coming,” Mr Qureshi had said.

World has responsibility to stop Indian aggression: PM

The foreign ministers appreciated Pakistan's role for peace and stability in the region. In turn, Gen Bajwa said that Pakistan is proud of its "special strategic and brotherly relationship" with Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1503682/s...-support-for-resolving-kashmir-situation-ispr

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
What you fail to understand is why? India has very close economic relationship with Iran, and that is being diverted now. Pakistan is on another level.

This statement is crystal clear and removes any ambiguity as to where KSA & UAE stand.

Secondly, Pakistani media has been busy misconstruing the visit. Here it is in the Pakistani Foreign Ministers own words:

He had confirmed that the two ministers had agreed to visit Islamabad on Pakistan government’s request. “We contacted the two foreign ministers and they are coming,” Mr Qureshi had said.

World has responsibility to stop Indian aggression: PM

The foreign ministers appreciated Pakistan's role for peace and stability in the region. In turn, Gen Bajwa said that Pakistan is proud of its "special strategic and brotherly relationship" with Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1503682/s...-support-for-resolving-kashmir-situation-ispr
I agree that Saudia and UAE are courting India to alienate Iran.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

India knows Saudi/UAE/Arab position on Kashmir. We may do business with India here and there however, we take strong position when it comes to Kashmir and this has been the case since the 40s. After all, it is not something we can do alone. We also have the I/P case as well. The issue requires collective cooperation. Let's put pressure on India for now and then take it up to next level.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
India knows Saudi/UAE/Arab position on Kashmir. We may do business with India here and there however, we take strong position when it comes to Kashmir and this has been the case since the 40s. After all, it is not something we can do alone. We also have the I/P case as well. The issue requires collective cooperation. Let's put pressure on India for now and then take it up to next level.

We are in dire need of steps to be taken to enhance this collective cooperation, clear defined roles, strategies and action plans (this all may already exist who knows but it surely has to unlock the new level now). Joint extensive efforts on diplomatic front and mechanism in place to counter geo strategic threats, your enemy is my enemy needs to get understood at the ground levels. Now it cannot remain behind the doors cooperation where we all are looking towards each other and thinking they should take the charge. In my opinion if Arab countries wish to win this one, they will have to increase their already existing influence in Pakistan and make it much more visible, so that a common Pakistani is not misled again.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
We need to understand that this Our Issue... a simple logic is why would jump in to help us?

What is in it for them?

Kashmir is a great Differentiator and it is sucking everyone in... if/when we fight for Kashmir it is going to be our fight... so expecting others to compromise their national interests on our behalf is childish at best.

If as nuclear power and with one of the world's best armed forces we cann't do anything about Our Own Problem ....then how can someone come and help us?

Time to come of age and become Mature in Statecraft!

Sir, if you dig deep these national interests are intertwined at some point. Thinking that threat to Muslim lands is a threat to land only and should be the responsibility of that particular people and country only, is a grave error and a blunder, at some point all these threats emanate from disliking and hate for what people of that land hold holy. Time has come to take charge and lead, we Pakistanis were presented with an opportunity in near past, but sadly we wasted that. We think too much about hurting sensitivities of common people, but ignore these same sensitivities when we are making hidden deals.